Thread: Adams Arms being auctioned off

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Adams Arms being auctioned off

Was never into their stuff but it’ll be interesting to see who picks this up.

http://www.moeckerauctions.com/auctions/adams-arms-llc
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IIRC, the board voted the founder out, then later run the company into its present position... now its out to auction.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    That sucks. I’ve got one of their .308 ARs. I guess it could be worse, they could have one of mine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The AR industry has tanked significantly in the past couple of years for a lot of companies. AA is just one example. You can go to the manufacturers Report prepared by ATF and compare production records and see that AA's business is down significantly. Here is what I found: Rifle/Pistol production for 2014--7,652 units; 2015-- 6,471 units; 2016-- 8,802 units; and 2017-- 2,420 units. In other words AA's number of rifles/pistols fell by almost 73% in one year (2017 vs 2016). To survive a sales drop like that you have to be a well managed, financial stable company with either substantial cash assets or at the minimum good lines of credit available. What is really interesting is that this drop in sales is not limited to AA. If you look at the figures, you can see that it is happening to almost (but not quite) everyone in the AR business. The exceptions are the "big boys" who have other lines and products to depend on. For "boutique" AR companies these cannot be happy times.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have no idea how competitive the machining industry is but I do know those machines and the people who ran them could do other work besides building guns. Judging by the parts laying around they rode building rifles to the very end.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I have no idea how competitive the machining industry is but I do know those machines and the people who ran them could do other work besides building guns. Judging by the parts laying around they rode building rifles to the very end.
    Machine shops up by us are very busy.

Seems like they could’ve altered their business to suit other machining needs if they wanted to stay in business.

...but I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes at AA.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Take a look at Aero as a good example in reverse.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Yes. Many do gun stuff almost as a sideline. Aero is a perfect example.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    The manufacturer I worked for started as a firearms company that did all their machining in house, but after the trump slump they had to start taking outside projects because sitting mazaks aren’t making you money. Now the machine projects side has taken over so much that the firearms side has been reduced to a skeleton crew and is much more efficient and profitable.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-23-19 at 12:19.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    The manufacturer I worked for started as a firearms company that did all their machining in house, but after the trump slump they had to start taking outside projects because sitting mazaks aren’t making you money. Now the machine projects side has taken over so much that the firearms side has been reduced to a skeleton crew and is much more efficient and profitable.
    In the modern economy, and as related to firearms specifically, I think companies are stupid if they don't diversify.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.