Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Armed Mexican personnel surround and disarm US soldiers on US SOIL

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Couple things.

1. Strykers are not on the border because it’s not considered a military function, nor has it ever been as far as I know. The American Army is “trying” to refocus on the near peer threat, so no BN or BDE CDR is going to want to park his armored vehicles on the border to deal with mostly unarmed people or the occasional dudes with AKs.
    2. There are only two ways to avoid an insurgency - don’t get into a conflict, or crush the civilian populace so completely that it literally breaks their will to fight AND deters foreigners who haven’t taken part in the fighting from even trying. The United States is not going to do that, especially not against Mexico.

Keep in mind that I’m making zero arguments about how things should be, but this is how it is. Also, I pretty much expect the country to implode (or at least be fully on the unavoidable path) before US “leadership” does anything of true significance on the border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Look at the history of the southern border. Does anyone remember Pancho Villa? He was armed and did bad things in the US. We then sent troops to the boarder. Then LT George S. PATTON Jr. went into Mexico and got him. I do not remember a war with Mexico in the 20th Century.........
    Patton (and really more Pershing than Patton), "got," Villa in the same sort of way the CIA, "got," UBL at Tora Bora.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Couple things.

1. Strykers are not on the border because it’s not considered a military function, nor has it ever been as far as I know. The American Army is “trying” to refocus on the near peer threat, so no BN or BDE CDR is going to want to park his armored vehicles on the border to deal with mostly unarmed people or the occasional dudes with AKs.
    2. There are only two ways to avoid an insurgency - don’t get into a conflict, or crush the civilian populace so completely that it literally breaks their will to fight AND deters foreigners who haven’t taken part in the fighting from even trying. The United States is not going to do that, especially not against Mexico.

Keep in mind that I’m making zero arguments about how things should be, but this is how it is. Also, I pretty much expect the country to implode (or at least be fully on the unavoidable path) before US “leadership” does anything of true significance on the border.
    IIRC, patrolling the border with Mexico was one of the US Army's primary missions until WWII.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Patton (and really more Pershing than Patton), "got," Villa in the same sort of way the CIA, "got," UBL at Tora Bora.

IIRC, patrolling the border with Mexico was one of the US Army's primary missions until WWII.
    Villa never again came to the US after that action. So your comparison would be better if you used the Japanese Emperor during WWII as nether of them were ever a threat to the US again.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Do you want another war? Because this is how you start another war...

At the end of the day, the confusion was settled and everyone went home....

I’ve read several comments from guys who are ready to pull some stupid gung-ho move off.. This isn’t a movie...

I did read in a separate article that while our guys were to the south of the security fence, they were pretty much past the edge of the water, but still on U.S land.

No, not everyone is corrupt over there. Many of those guys have seen family and fellow soldiers killed by the Cartels, they are in a REAL war, one with massive corruption on both sides. But as long as the gringos want the dope, the market will be there.
    Cry me a river. Those POS could be EASILY whacked, and remember, we don't need to OCCUPY them, just defend out border. Makes things much, much simpler. Like an ass-kicking in Iraq but without the need to occupy for 8 years. Sounds to me like you're an Mexi-sympathizer.

And no, I believe I specifically stated that if I was in the same boat as those TWO guys armed with a damn pistol I probably would have done the same thing. The solution is to have MORE guys per OP/LP/whatever and armed to the teeth with orders to kill any foreign armed persons. And air power on tap to pursue into that shithole called Mexico and incinerate any possible backup forces. Too bad so sad.

I do not give one f*****g shit about Mexico, their people, or their corrupt armed forces. Sounds like you do. Come onto our territory armed and you die. Period.

I also don't want to hear any bullshit about being "confused" as to their whereabouts. The f*****g RIVER is the boundary in that area and they were NORTH of it. No excuses, although you can continue to make them for them.

There have also been numerous armed border incursions by the fine Mexican military over the past decade or more. BTW, how many have occurred on the Canadian border?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    A war with Mexico has every indication of a long running and bloody insurgency. And of course, like we always do when we knock over third world $h!tholes, you are underestimating home field advantage.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love to visit the Yucatan someday, while I’m still (barely) of fighting age.
    Who said anything about invading and occupying? I don't want that shithole anymore than I wanted Iraq or Shitcanistan. Conduct extremely violent military strikes on their forces who cross, as well as possible backup units just over the border, then defend that border. F**k pacifying them. You've no doubt been consumed (as a military member) by the last nearly two decades of thinking that we have to "fix" what we've broken. We don't, we just gotta break it. Fixing it is up to them.

An insurgency is only if we had eyes on occupying, and we shouldn't.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-gnARR View Post
    The insurgency would be within this country, with millions of enemy reserve units suddenly feeling pan-Mexican unity. While our military would be heading south, crushing everything on the way to Mexico City, Americans would not be safe in their homes as the guerrilla units slaughter entire neighborhoods in peaceful suburbia.
    What Hispanic/Aztec fantasy land are you living in? Gimme a friggin' break. They would hide even more than they do now in the make-believe situation you suggest (if they were smart).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd00000 View Post
    I need to find the paper I did in 2010 while at Leavenworth about the Mexican army on our border. They are 100% corrupt and complicite, and have fired on our border patrol to facilitate border crossings. "Former" Mexican SF had conducted raids as far as Dallas on rival gangs.
    Maybe time for the D-Boys and DEVGRU to pay some visits? All Sicario and shit.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Couple things.

There is a third way: conduct military ops and defend the border without occupation of Mexico. We need to get out of the Colin Powell theory of "If you broke it you bought it".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Maybe time for the D-Boys and DEVGRU to pay some visits? All Sicario and shit.
    If we were serious about border security we could solve it pretty damn quick. No asking permission from Mexico. Anyone armed north of the Rio Grande and trying to gain entry can be shot on sight. Any cartel member is fair game anywhere, no trial, no discussion. When we identify armed cartel members we track them down and bomb their homes and hideouts, hellfire their convoys, Apache their technicals.

Innocents should be warned that we will be ruthless with the cartels and to keep their distance.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    If we were serious about border security we could solve it pretty damn quick. No asking permission from Mexico. Anyone armed north of the Rio Grande and trying to gain entry can be shot on sight. Any cartel member is fair game anywhere, no trial, no discussion. When we identify armed cartel members we track them down and bomb their homes and hideouts, hellfire their convoys, Apache their technicals.

Innocents should be warned that we will be ruthless with the cartels and to keep their distance.
    Pretty much this. If we can drone a hadji taking a shit in Waziristan we can certainly drone key cartel soldados if we wanted to. I guaran-freaking-tee you we have the data to input into a drone/Hellfire if we decided to do it.

I too don't care to target innocents in any way, but by the same token I don't want them here and don't give a damn about their plight or their country. THEY need to fix it themselves or wallow in a shithole the rest of their lives like they've done for generations. We could always arm civvie groups who seek to effect change but not one of our troops should step foot into their country to "fix" it, unless on a limited mission to destroy Mexican military/cartel assets in the vicinity of the border.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-24-19 at 19:02.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast