Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 5 Glock Cutout Fix

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    How is the Gen 5 cutout different than the Gen 2 cut out?

And is there something about the Pearce floor plate not evident in the picture that keeps it from being a pinch point?
    Nothing and No. My first Glock was an issued Gen2 G22. That ****er rocked compared with my sixshooter.

OP; I have a G19 Gen5 and for me, the cutout does not hamper reloading. I could do without it but like I said, no problems. I did knock off the sharp edge on the cutout with 400 grit. I don't even notice it anymore. If you can't adapt, get the MOS or one of the other excellent wonder nines you have to choose from.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Nothing and No. My first Glock was an issued Gen2 G22. That ****er rocked compared with my sixshooter.

OP; I have a G19 Gen5 and for me, the cutout does not hamper reloading. I could do without it but like I said, no problems. I did knock off the sharp edge on the cutout with 400 grit. I don't even notice it anymore. If you can't adapt, get the MOS or one of the other excellent wonder nines you have to choose from.
    Ok I kinda wondered about that gripe on the Gen 5. I don't really see the need for it either unless using non metal lined mags since those fit just about flush and didn't always fall out of the pistol on command either.

Feedback Score

I have about 1k rounds through the gen 5. I haven't had a problem with reloading. My concern is that it could happen. All in all its a great gun and I wouldn't trade it. I was just looking for a way to fix an annoyance. Thank you everyone who replied with helpful ideas.

Feedback Score
    When you all are saying it doesnt affect your reload:
    1. do you run a grip plug (glockmeister, etc)?
    2. What are your reload times?

Feedback Score

This ☝️☝️☝️

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A modest mag well seems like it should fix this issue, no? That's what I'm planning when I can find one actually in stock.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123