View Poll Results: At what position do you most often mount your rifle light?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left Side 10:30

38 55.07%
  • Left Side 9:00

4 5.80%
  • Left Side 7:30

0 0%
  • Right Side 1:30

24 34.78%
  • Right Side 3:00

3 4.35%
  • Right Side 4:30

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help! Rifle light location preference?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I'm right handed and have ran an Sf X300 from 0130, 1200(I know not a choice but I liked it better there), and an HSP Inforce WML at 0130, both with good success and on thorntail rail adapters. Now, I'm playing around with scout lights, tape switches, and thorntail adapters(oh my!), and will continue to work with the 0130 position.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Left handed. Inforce WMLX at 1:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Right hand shooter, have a scout DF at the 1pm position on a tape switch. As far out as I can get the light

Feedback Score
    I'm wrapping up a general purpose carbine. I'll eventually run a tape switch with my Modlite PLH 18350 with the light at 1 o'clock. Until then it's running at 11 o'clock.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Right handed shooter here.
    I have a carbine with a G2X in a BCM keymod mount (yes I'm still using Keymod....) on BCM PKMR handguards at the 10:30 position. Another carbine with a rail section bolted on to standard CAR handguards and a G2X in a GG&G ring mount also at 10:30-11:00.
    Then I have three other ARs (one carbine, one midlength and o e SBR) with PKMR handguards that don't normally have lights mounted but have short pic rail sections at 10:30 so that a light can be quickly attached if needed. I keep a cheap Primary Arms weapon light in my jeep for this purpose in the event I happen to find myself out after dark with one of the non-light equipped rifles.
    All the guns in question have standard fixed FSBs.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I've found the INFORCE design makes 9 o'clock very workable, as a righty. I put one on my Bren 805 and like it so much, I'm about to put one on my HD rifle; still equipped with ANCIENT quadrails, no less.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I use the larue mount to get it as tight to the rail as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    On my work gun I have a a Protac HLX at about the 130 and it seems to work well. I have a 10.5" pistol on which I have a TLR-HL. I originally had it at the 12, but I couldn't get it to jive with my BUIS in a way that I liked. I now have it on a rail section at 9, which is OK but not ideal IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234