Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Cars - A Lighter Subject

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    In 08 as a young Lance Corporal I had a 02 z28 Camaro that I dumped tons of money into and I remember that puny ten bolt being the constant pain in the ass, bought a 04 GTO in 2010 and did absolutely nothing to it other than change the oil and put gas in it, had no issues. Kinda still want an old F body to cruise around in.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Cool stuff on here, from pony cars to semi-exotics...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnchair 04 View Post
    In 08 as a young Lance Corporal I had a 02 z28 Camaro that I dumped tons of money into and I remember that puny ten bolt being the constant pain in the ass, bought a 04 GTO in 2010 and did absolutely nothing to it other than change the oil and put gas in it, had no issues. Kinda still want an old F body to cruise around in.
    Bruh... I had 94 z28.

That 10 bolt....
    Those optisparks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Bruh... I had 94 z28.

That 10 bolt....
    Those optisparks....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it makes you feel better, I broke my Strange 12-bolt... don't even know how many times... 2 posi units, 5 or 6 sets of Ring/Pinion, one 33 spline axle...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    2017 ZL1...I was going to buy a 350R before I found out about the launch of this 50th Anniversary Camaro. Struggled between the standard & auto but couldn't pass up the technology of this new A10. Not sure what Ford is going to bring with the GT500 but will probably be 6 figures with retarded ADM most ALL Ford dealers stick to their fan boys. Best I could do on a 350R was $5k over sticker. My Chevy guy only had 2 allocations for the ZL1 & got $3k off. For a FAST car in the 60k-70k range you simply cannot touch the ZL1 or the even more track inspired ZL1 1LE. GM just put the A10 in the 1LE but has yet to run a formal hero run at the Ring'...best estimates it will beat the 2018 standard tranny by 10 seconds!!

2017 A10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBmLnLJLQ0o

2018 ZL1 1LE M6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zSIVpVMaw&t=4s

You can gauge your preferred car here...just keep the $$$$ in mind.

https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

IMG_0838.jpggrey zl1.jpg
    Last edited by Artos; 04-24-19 at 18:03.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score

Fast Cars - A Lighter Subject

2016 mustang GT with the performance pack.6spd with the torsion diff and 3.73:1

Is a good little track car I would assume

I’ve got a canned tune and on street tires and a stick it’s turned a 13.2 @ 111mph.

Main issue is getting a better 60ft than 2.4/2.3. That car with the A10 is running 12.8’s

My daily driver
    Last edited by JC5188; 04-24-19 at 18:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I dare you to put an Israeli Flag on the roof of your McLaren and call it the King David and take it on jumps and have the horn play Hava Nagila as you run moonshine.

And you have to hood slide

The hoodslide is most important or you’ll be in a heap of trouble
    I don't put anything on any of my cars, not an Israeli flag not gun sticker. I also think if I jumped the car the damage would be a ton of money to fix. As to the hood slide same answer, I am too cheap to want to pay to fix the damage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    unironically same. My late teens and early twenties with a sportscar.....ooh boy.
    I had a '65 GTO real deal, 3 deuces and a four speed and a 389. The only thing stock in the last motor I put in it were the block and heads. I was a shop major in high school just because of that car, it also helped that my GF's father (future FIL) was one of the big dog late model stock builders in the area.

Once my mom wanted to drive it so I let her. She came home complaining about the heavy clutch and the Lincoln PD following her. I ended up sans DL and walked for a little over a year - fortunately most of that year was spent at schools in the Marine Corps.

I miss that car. Body and interior were perfect. I told my mom to go ahead and sell it for me while I was at engineering school. She did, for less than the tires and wheels were worth. There was a lesson there somewhere.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want a Judge GTO so bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mine is the hen's tooth 69 Camaro ZL1 COPO with the L88...drool.

I want a Judge GTO so bad.

"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast