Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good guy with a gun at synagogue shooting

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Good guy with a gun at synagogue shooting

I thought there was a thread about this recent shooting, but didn't see it. Seems to me that write up is attempting to downplay the good guy with a gun reality as much as they could. Two, I wonder if the time delay for him to get handed a gun vs have one on his person was a factor that may have made even greater difference? Having to find a gun when seconds count seems sub optimal, but at least they had one. I assume the guy froze then ran because he saw a guy with a gun in his hand running toward him the yelling may or may not have also been a factor. There's no doubt all to me the death toll kept to 1 because they didn't do the victim thing by being unable to respond to violence with action, or a good guy with a gun factor.

Dud was ex EOD, so running at some guy with an AR no big deal I guess! Best part is, he et al clearly "get" that gun control is not the answer and unlike the other shooting at a synagogue, no interest in being used for gun control propiganda. Quote in article from said good guy also confirms not all mil are "gun guys" per strange quote about semi autos don't jam...

"The man who fired a semi-automatic weapon inside the Chabad of Poway synagogue in San Diego on Saturday froze, dropped his gun and sprinted to his car when he saw Oscar Stewart come barreling toward him, yelling so loud the priest at a neighboring church could hear.

“Get down!” Stewart yelled, according to his wife and others who were at the scene. “You mother****er! I’m going to kill you!”

Others who were there later told him it sounded like four or five people were shouting. He thinks maybe an angel was standing behind him and speaking through his voice. When the shooter ran, he immediately gave chase.

Stewart, 51, told The Daily Caller on Sunday he doesn’t remember any conscious thought from the moment he heard the gun shots until it was all over — he just acted on instinct to stop the shooter and prevent him from leaving so he couldn’t hurt more people somewhere else. The Iraq combat veteran said his military training kicked in.

“I knew I had to be within five feet of this guy so his rifle couldn’t get to me,” Stewart said. “So I ran immediately toward him, and I yelled as loud as I could. And he was scared. I scared the hell out of him.”

Stewart served in the Navy in explosive ordnance disposal from 1990 to 1994, then enlisted in the Army in 2001 because of the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

“Looking back, it was kind of a crazy idea to do, but I did it.” He was deployed to Iraq in 2003 and left the military in 2004, as a staff sergeant. He’s now in construction work."

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/28/c...1u1ip0iCH1PlpM
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I live one town over from Poway. Even through this tragedy and evil you can see the finger prints of God all over it. God bless Mr. Stewart.

Feedback Score
    What's with the 'White Supremacist" label for these guys? I know Judaism is a religion, but most practitioners in the US would be considered 'white'. Nationalist might be better, but that really doesn't set the offender in the right category to the victim. Fascist? Aryan? Evil is a good place to start. Usually crazy is a better differentiator than 'white'.

I just feel by using 'white' they are trying to make it a racial/political issue where all white people share some of the blame. Seems conterproductive if you are tying to isolate and counter the problem when you start with 60% of the population as partially guilty. But maybe that is idea for some people.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    What's with the 'White Supremacist" label for these guys? I know Judaism is a religion, but most practitioners in the US would be considered 'white'. Nationalist might be better, but that really doesn't set the offender in the right category to the victim. Fascist? Aryan? Evil is a good place to start. Usually crazy is a better differentiator than 'white'.

I just feel by using 'white' they are trying to make it a racial/political issue where all white people share some of the blame. Seems conterproductive if you are tying to isolate and counter the problem when you start with 60% of the population as partially guilty. But maybe that is idea for some people.
    This is the new favorite term for the SJWs. Everyone they don't like is a "White Nationalist" and they'll whip that out every time you disagree with them over something. IMO, they're trying to blend white supremacists and nazis together to make their ultimate boogeyman.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKCN1S40NZ

Some articles are confusing, including the one in the first post. There were TWO citizens that tried to stop the killer. Stewart (the military veteran) was unarmed, who yelled and threatened the killer. The second civilian, Mr. Morales (off duty Border Patrol agent), shot at the killer's car. Nobody handed anybody any gun to shoot at the killer like some articles claimed. Morales came to attend the church on his off time and carried a handgun. The reuters article indicated that the Rabbi knew Morales was LE and asked him to carry a gun while he attends the worship.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    The vet should have been armed.

Please come to where I pray, I will be yelling Eff you, while putting a lot of holes in your body.

I promise before G-D, a terrorist will not survive an attack where I pray.

Feedback Score
    San Diego County. They are getting better at issuing permits but still suck and take up to 9-12 months to issue.

Feedback Score
    Rabbis need to educate their congregations.

They need to push an armed congregation is a safe congregation.

I would even push for rifles in synagogues. As everyone here knows the power from a rifle is way more than what a pistol can produce.

It is very simple, NY times runs Nazi style cartoons and the liberal worthless so called Jews working at the times say nothing or even worse support the cartoons since they have become anti Israel.

I think we Jews have a collective account with the Creator of everything. When we get to the situation that we are now in as a community here in the USA, bad things are us are coming.

As a step to try to change the course of events, step one must be NO terrorist that attacks a synagogue survives. Jews must arm themselves and when attacked multiple Jews shoot the terrorist to the ground.

More holes equals more blood loss, less chance for him to survive.

I am not saying put a bullet in the terrorist head to verify the kill, for here in the USA that would be murder.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Know what never gets shot up?

Buddhist Temples. Maybe like in SEA but like you never hear about it in developed countries. Or Satanic temples. Or Wiccan covens.

Just an observation

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Know what never gets shot up?

Buddhist Temples. Maybe like in SEA but like you never hear about it in developed countries. Or Satanic temples. Or Wiccan covens.

Just an observation
    Except for that one in 1991 in AZ... and the Sikh's got hit too back in 2012. Considering that Jewish temples and Christian churches outnumber other places of worship by a considerable amount, it's not statistically surprising they get hit more often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast