Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking shotgun for home defense.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    LOL. And you use your pistol to fight your way back to your rifle. It's perfect.
    Well, that was back when the shotgun was the only long gun in the patrol car.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Well, that was back when the shotgun was the only long gun in the patrol car.
    Well, and as someone said, "Shotguns only do one thing, but they do that one thing so well that they have no equal."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nobody fights their way to anything, they fight with what they have.

Next question.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nobody fights their way to anything, they fight with what they have.

Next question.
    Concur.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Ahh, gather round kids. Here we see another, increasingly less rare, UniVibe post where he contemplates topics that have been beaten to death for years on this forum.

You've been a member since 2008, have over 600 posts. You know how this works. These are good M4C rules to live by: Read more, post less. Use the search function.

It's 2019, the AR platform has dethroned the shotgun in every tactical way except for breaching. The AR cannot kill ducks in the same manner as the shotgun however.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Ahh, gather round kids. Here we see another, increasingly less rare, UniVibe post where he contemplates topics that have been beaten to death for years on this forum.

You've been a member since 2008, have over 600 posts. You know how this works. These are good M4C rules to live by: Read more, post less. Use the search function.

It's 2019, the AR platform has dethroned the shotgun in every tactical way except for breaching. The AR cannot kill ducks in the same manner as the shotgun however.
    Ok, but what if your home is being invaded by ducks?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Let's be serious here, it's the geese that do the majority of the home invasions. And a grumpy gander ain't nothin to mess with.

Feedback Score

I'm not arguing: My go-to gun is an AR, and my back-up gun is another AR.

However, the other advantage (besides shooting small moving targets) of a shotgun over an AR would be cost...

I bought my sister and BiL a brand-new Mossberg 500 "Persuader" for <$300 several years ago (wedding present).

Is it as good as an AR? Of course, NO.

Is it better than a pistol? Of course, YES.

Would I trust it more than a $300 AR? Of course, YES.

Conclusion: Long guns trump pistols, even if carbines trump shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Let's be serious here, it's the geese that do the majority of the home invasions. And a grumpy gander ain't nothin to mess with.
    Ooooh, no, Keemo Sabe. I had a problem with woodpeckers a few years back. I'll take geese and ducks doing the home invasion all day rather than damn woodpeckers.

Feedback Score
    Let's be serious here, it's the geese that do the majority of the home invasions.

Around here the problem is mostly skunks, raccoons, gophers, and crows...

A subsonic .22lr has worked well for me for years, but now that I have a 12ga shotgun...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast