G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: Rethinking shotgun for home defense.

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    The Sticks, TN
    Posts
    1,874
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    LOL. And you use your pistol to fight your way back to your rifle. It's perfect.
    Well, that was back when the shotgun was the only long gun in the patrol car.
    Psalm 34:19

    To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    8,703
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Well, that was back when the shotgun was the only long gun in the patrol car.
    Well, and as someone said, "Shotguns only do one thing, but they do that one thing so well that they have no equal."

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,196
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nobody fights their way to anything, they fight with what they have.

    Next question.
    - Rhino

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Lowcountry, SC.
    Posts
    1,690
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Nobody fights their way to anything, they fight with what they have.

    Next question.
    Concur.
    RLTW

    “That is why there isn't an AK chart.” -SteyrAUG
    “They eat tide pods also so what's your point?” Retrorevolver77

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    4,109
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Ahh, gather round kids. Here we see another, increasingly less rare, UniVibe post where he contemplates topics that have been beaten to death for years on this forum.

    You've been a member since 2008, have over 600 posts. You know how this works. These are good M4C rules to live by: Read more, post less. Use the search function.

    It's 2019, the AR platform has dethroned the shotgun in every tactical way except for breaching. The AR cannot kill ducks in the same manner as the shotgun however.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    The Sticks, TN
    Posts
    1,874
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Ahh, gather round kids. Here we see another, increasingly less rare, UniVibe post where he contemplates topics that have been beaten to death for years on this forum.

    You've been a member since 2008, have over 600 posts. You know how this works. These are good M4C rules to live by: Read more, post less. Use the search function.

    It's 2019, the AR platform has dethroned the shotgun in every tactical way except for breaching. The AR cannot kill ducks in the same manner as the shotgun however.
    Ok, but what if your home is being invaded by ducks?
    Psalm 34:19

    To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern Colorado
    Posts
    4,109
    Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Ok, but what if your home is being invaded by ducks?
    Let's be serious here, it's the geese that do the majority of the home invasions. And a grumpy gander ain't nothin to mess with.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    1,854
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    It's 2019, the AR platform has dethroned the shotgun in every tactical way except for breaching. The AR cannot kill ducks in the same manner as the shotgun however.

    I'm not arguing: My go-to gun is an AR, and my back-up gun is another AR.

    However, the other advantage (besides shooting small moving targets) of a shotgun over an AR would be cost...


    I bought my sister and BiL a brand-new Mossberg 500 "Persuader" for <$300 several years ago (wedding present).

    Is it as good as an AR? Of course, NO.

    Is it better than a pistol? Of course, YES.

    Would I trust it more than a $300 AR? Of course, YES.


    Conclusion: Long guns trump pistols, even if carbines trump shotguns.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    8,703
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Let's be serious here, it's the geese that do the majority of the home invasions. And a grumpy gander ain't nothin to mess with.
    Ooooh, no, Keemo Sabe. I had a problem with woodpeckers a few years back. I'll take geese and ducks doing the home invasion all day rather than damn woodpeckers.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Humboldt County, CA
    Posts
    1,854
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Ok, but what if your home is being invaded by ducks?
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Let's be serious here, it's the geese that do the majority of the home invasions.

    Around here the problem is mostly skunks, raccoons, gophers, and crows...

    A subsonic .22lr has worked well for me for years, but now that I have a 12ga shotgun...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •