Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police / Military issue of S&W 2.0 pistols?

Feedback Score

Police / Military issue of S&W 2.0 pistols?

Just curious.

Feedback Score
    We just received 1300 last week. Will be transitioning from current M&P 9mm to 2.0 as soon as the new Safariland holsters arrive.

Feedback Score
    Cool. It seems that despite the flaws of the M&P 1.0 they were pretty active in LE.

Seems like those still using them would upgrade to the 2.0. Unless they already went from the 1.0's to Glocks or Sigs or HK's and they aren't ready for new guns and holsters yet.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was wondering how the M&P line is holding up in law enforcement use. I only have a Shield 9mm from than family, but it has been very reliable, decent trigger and I really like the grip design. For some reason it is easier to shoot well than most of my Glocks. I would like to get my hands on a double stack M&P to see how shoots. I am heavily invested in .40 Glocks but if so was starting fresh I would give the M&P line serious consideration based on my experience of one.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Out of the 7 city area where I used to live with 14 agencies, one had the MP. Direct result of the good ole boy network alive and well within it. Guess what all others have?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    California Highway Patrol with over 7,500 sworn use the M&P 40, and just transitioned in 2017 from the older 4006 version(s).

I no longer have any contacts with CHP, but I don't see CHP changing to the 2.0 with that many non-2.0 versions just recently fielded.
    Last edited by L-2; 04-29-19 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    A female LEO I followed on IG carried a M&P9 1.0 as issued duty weapon. She worked for a California County Sheriffs Office.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, they really got their money's worth out of those 4006s! That must have been about 30 years with that model?!

I hope the M&P does well over the long haul. I like the ergonomics a lot and it would be nice to see a US manufacturer with a competitive model line for LE. After I bought my Shield I read tons of horror stories about failures and bad triggers. But mine (within first year of release) has been nice smooth trigger and totally reliable with FMJ, GD and PDX ammo. Nothing has broken yet. I would carry it more but it is a single stack and the butt is no shorter than my G27. So I end up carrying either the G27 or G42 most of the time.

OK, one thing I do NOT like about the Shield is the doofy spacer sliding around on the 8-rd mag. I've had them jam up and not be able to get a mag seated at the range without stopping to diddle with it. So I only carry the 7-rd mag in a pocket. As much as I like the M&P it just isn't enough to shit can my Glocks and switch over. Unless they come out with RDS mount support on a wider range of model sizes than Glock. RDS is my next level of investment with pistols and Glock is barely there with MRO on just the larger models. S&W should bring out RDS ready versions of their entire line, that would give them a big advantage. Th RDS is going to ride about where the belt is is just above it in IWB carry so it will not really add to the print signature. The length of the butt and secondarily the grip width are the most significant factors. Many of us with aging eyes would happily pay for RDS capability on a compact or subcompact frame pistol.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Wow, they really got their money's worth out of those 4006s! That must have been about 30 years with that model?!

I hope the M&P does well over the long haul. I like the ergonomics a lot and it would be nice to see a US manufacturer with a competitive model line for LE. After I bought my Shield I read tons of horror stories about failures and bad triggers. But mine (within first year of release) has been nice smooth trigger and totally reliable with FMJ, GD and PDX ammo. Nothing has broken yet. I would carry it more but it is a single stack and the butt is no shorter than my G27. So I end up carrying either the G27 or G42 most of the time.

OK, one thing I do NOT like about the Shield is the doofy spacer sliding around on the 8-rd mag. I've had them jam up and not be able to get a mag seated at the range without stopping to diddle with it. So I only carry the 7-rd mag in a pocket. As much as I like the M&P it just isn't enough to shit can my Glocks and switch over. Unless they come out with RDS mount support on a wider range of model sizes than Glock. RDS is my next level of investment with pistols and Glock is barely there with MRO on just the larger models. S&W should bring out RDS ready versions of their entire line, that would give them a big advantage. Th RDS is going to ride about where the belt is is just above it in IWB carry so it will not really add to the print signature. The length of the butt and secondarily the grip width are the most significant factors. Many of us with aging eyes would happily pay for RDS capability on a compact or subcompact frame pistol.
    Shield 8 +1 with pinkie lip and TT 10+1

Last edited by RWH24; 04-29-19 at 19:15.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post

Those 4006 tsw were specially made for CHP with their own S#. Typical tsw had a rail added to the bottom, the CHP tsw had it as a one piece machined frame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast