Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police / Military issue of S&W 2.0 pistols?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Whoa, that looks way nicer than a std 3Gen Smith. I was just getting into pistols when the 3Gens were hot and was about to get a 9mm when the Glocks and .40 came along. I got the G21 when it came out and then G23s thereafter. Great to see a really nice 4006 as the CHP specced. Someone put some thought into that.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    Whoa, that looks way nicer than a std 3Gen Smith. I was just getting into pistols when the 3Gens were hot and was about to get a 9mm when the Glocks and .40 came along. I got the G21 when it came out and then G23s thereafter. Great to see a really nice 4006 as the CHP specced. Someone put some thought into that.
    They were available for sale a few years ago when CHP dumped them on the civilian market......as unbelievable as that may sound. I got out of 40 but if came across one of these I may have to keep one 40

Feedback Score
    Tucson police dept just authorized the 2.0 for duty now for all academy graduates moving forward, so all peace officers can choose between the glock 17 or m&p 9 2.0, they seem to like em. I am also allowed to use one for duty with the Arizona Rangers, as i am allowed to qual with 2 pistols for primary and backup. I currently carry p320 full size, but that may change because i really like the m&p compact 2.0 3.6'', so since thats my backup, i mind as well qual with the 2.0 full size since the mags are interchangeable. the 2.0 is such a better pistol all around compared to the 1.0

Feedback Score
    To add to my post#6 and possibly adding to post#7 Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department transitioned to the M&P 9mm in 2013.
    For some info, there are 58 counties in California which all have their own Sheriff's departments/offices. I only know of a very few of these departments as to what they're issuing and I suspect some of these departments may allow personally-owned handguns differing by brand & model from what is issued.

As the M&P 2.0 series was introduced in ~2017, many departments won't be considering a new issued handgun for ~10-15 years, from when their present choice was made, and when it'll become time to consider replacing a current batch/inventory of handguns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12