Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Magpul bipod. M-LOK vs picatinny

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got a YouTube update from Magpul. If this had popped up a few weeks ago I would have waited.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 04-25-19 at 14:11.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    Looking to buy a simple inexpensive bipod that will be only be mounted at the range. Any experience on which system gives good stability and easy detachment when needed? Thanks
    Get a short picatinny rail mounted on the hand guard. Use a Harris bipod with a picatinny rail QD lever mount.
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    Buy the ARMS version and add a qd lever to it. Then you can just securely attach it to the rail section and easily remove it later.
    ^This right here is probably your best quick on/off solution for the magpul bipod. The "Magpul Bipod for A.R.M.S. 17S Style" with a Midwest Industries 17S QD lever, and an m-lok picatinny section on the rail should work great. The MI QD lever is the only one that I've used that actually clamps down tight, and can be removed easily with finger pressure. Other QD levers take way too much lever to release easily.

The only other true QD option would be to get the picatinny version bipod and attack it to a Kinect M-lok QD rail. Having played with the Kinect, it seems like it is designed to work best on rails with a wide flat area around the M-lok slot, such as the Geissele SMR type rails. It didn't fit so well on my ALG EMR, or a couple other slim rails.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I’ve been looking at the Magpul bipods, I may go with the one for sling studs. Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    Magpul release a new YouTube video yesterday. Looks like they a new QD Magpul bipod is in development. I will just wait for it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    Buy the ARMS version and add a qd lever to it. Then you can just securely attach it to the rail section and easily remove it later.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ This. get the Magpul bipod that is the ARMS version, then get the American Defense Mfg AD-170-S QD base (or anybody else's "170S" base, S for "short"). then attach the Magpul bipod to the AD QD adapter, and voila: QD to your 5-slot pic rail section. and you can switch it to others guns rails that have the short pic rail segment.

ETA:
    or the Midwest Industries equivalent, as mentioned a couple posts above.
    Last edited by rpoL98; 05-04-19 at 04:44.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Personally I'll echo what others have stated, my choice is MAG951 Magpul® Bipod for A.R.M.S.® 17S Style, coupled with the BTC-Pro Clamp as it is designed for both the Nato Picatinny Standard and the RRS 1.5" Dovetail Standard. I can use the same on my carbines with Picatinny rail sections and my bolt gun with an ARCA adapter.

Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    I was ready to order an M-LOK rail with the stud that allows mounting of a Harris bipod--then I discovered that it's aluminum.

Is it advisable to have an aluminum bipod mount? I'd think that stud would wear quickly.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I'd probably do picatinny and just leave a small section of rail on my handguard. M-Loc was never made to use like a QD coupling.
    Say who?
    https://kineticdg.com/product/kinect...tinny-section/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Looks like another fix looking for a problem that doesn't exist to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast