Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Magpul bipod. M-LOK vs picatinny

Feedback Score
    Hard to say. The way my bipods hook onto regular steel studs, there isn't much to it as far as wear and tear is concerned. I've had similar concerns about QD sling attachment points in Al rails, but never personally had a problem (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I was ready to order an M-LOK rail with the stud that allows mounting of a Harris bipod--then I discovered that it's aluminum.

Is it advisable to have an aluminum bipod mount? I'd think that stud would wear quickly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I was ready to order an M-LOK rail with the stud that allows mounting of a Harris bipod--then I discovered that it's aluminum.

Is it advisable to have an aluminum bipod mount? I'd think that stud would wear quickly.

I have this. The coating handles a lot of abuse actually so it’s not nearly as soft as bare aluminum. It will show wear if you’re not loosening the bipod as much as you can while doing it but it will take a lot of mount and dismounts.

Magpul M-LOK Bipod Mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ORZEQZY..._X4a4CbHREM3JP

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Clever but not for bipods per their own warning.

And if not for bipods... I wonder how these would hold up to drop tests. It’s interesting but probably not a hard use solution.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
    Clever but not for bipods per their own warning.

And if not for bipods... I wonder how these would hold up to drop tests. It’s interesting but probably not a hard use solution.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA

Not for bipods while shooting harder recoiling weapons, the warning reads...

**NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE AS A BIPOD ATTACHMENT POINT ON CALIBERS LARGER THAN 5.56 and certain bolt action firearms. Due to loading the Bipod, the QD Kinect system can disengage from recoil.***

They also make a Harris Bipod stud version with the same warning, so it clearing intended for bipod use.

https://kineticdg.com/product/kinect...s-bipod-mount/

But yeah, a legit point, I wonder how much abuse they would take. My thoughts are to use one on a couple rifle with M-Lok rails that I don't keep bipod on but want to use one temporarily for sighting in purposes.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-18-19 at 13:37.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not for bipods while shooting harder recoiling weapons, the warning reads...

**NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE AS A BIPOD ATTACHMENT POINT ON CALIBERS LARGER THAN 5.56 and certain bolt action firearms. Due to loading the Bipod, the QD Kinect system can disengage from recoil.***

They also make a Harris Bipod stud version with the same warning, so it clearing intended for bipod use.

https://kineticdg.com/product/kinect...s-bipod-mount/

But yeah, a legit point, I wonder how much abuse they would take. My thoughts are to use one on a couple rifle with M-Lok rails that I don't keep bipod on but want to use one temporarily for sighting in purposes.
    Interesting. I noticed the Harris version actually says up to .308 on the warning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    Looking to buy a simple inexpensive bipod that will be only be mounted at the range. Any experience on which system gives good stability and easy detachment when needed? Thanks

Magpul QR Rail Grabber. For picatinny rail or A.R.M.S footprint models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123