Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are BCM BFH Barrels made by FN?

Feedback Score

Are BCM BFH Barrels made by FN?

I've seen it said a few times that FN produces BCM's hammer forged barrels, but I haven't been able to find any documentation of this yet. Does anyone know for sure? If it's not FN, who is it?

A buddy of mine wants to sell the BFH midlength 16" upper he got around Christmas and I'm probably going to buy it either way, but I'm just curious.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You won't find any documentation or "for sure".

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    I've seen it said a few times that FN produces BCM's hammer forged barrels, but I haven't been able to find any documentation of this yet. Does anyone know for sure? If it's not FN, who is it?

A buddy of mine wants to sell the BFH midlength 16" upper he got around Christmas and I'm probably going to buy it either way, but I'm just curious.
    I don’t think you’ll find anybody spreading confidential industry information online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Why is it confidential? Several manufacturers disclose who makes their barrels. PSA and Spikes proudly advertise that they use FN barrels. Noveske might have too?

If BCM did use FN barrels I'd think it'd be good for business to say so, which makes me think they're not (not that it really matters)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Ring up BCM tomorrow and ask them, then.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Stainless barrels, Criterion
    The rest of the barrels, Mossberg
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-24-19 at 22:04.

Feedback Score

Are BCM BFH Barrels made by FN?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthwestAviator View Post
    Why is it confidential? Several manufacturers disclose who makes their barrels. PSA and Spikes proudly advertise that they use FN barrels. Noveske might have too?

If BCM did use FN barrels I'd think it'd be good for business to say so, which makes me think they're not (not that it really matters)
    Why is it confidential? Because they aren’t advertising it and won’t share who it is.

Who cares? The results speak for themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lsllc; 04-24-19 at 21:40.

Feedback Score
    I read a post that someone claimed to be able to tell the manufacturer by inspecting the bore. Nothing was spilled as far as I remember about where BCM barrels are forged. It’s BCM, it’s good to go.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    People are under the assumption that there are only a couple CHF barrel producers in the U.S. According to some sources there are as many as 20. I know of at least four.. FN, Daniel Defense, SAND, and IWI. I bet I could Google up a few more.

Bottom line.. BCM lays out the spec. They are responsible for ensuring that spec meets their standard. You, as a customer, have to decide if that barrel meets your spec and you trust the vendor. After that, who really cares who made the barrel?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Beside healthy human curiosity, does it really matter? BCM could be using multiple suppliers but the barrels are made to BCM's specs, not the manufacturers.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast