Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are BCM BFH Barrels made by FN?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Who makes Toyota’s door panels?

Where do Honda windshields come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A more apt comparison would be something more relevant to the operation of the car. A barrel is a key component in how a gun shoots and barrel life is also a factor. It would be more accurate to be asking who makes the toyota’s engine, brakes, or something like that. And yes, those components’ manufacturers are readily available knowledge.

This guy’s question is absolutely fair to ask. If the answer is “Sorry, BCM likes to keep that an trade secret”, so be it. But it’s pretty ridiculous to jump on the guy for a valid question.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Whoever makes 'em, they don't usually exhibit good accuracy compared to Colt, DD, and FN barrels.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Whoever makes 'em, they don't usually exhibit good accuracy compared to Colt, DD, and FN barrels.

I'd still say that it's 100% acceptable. If someone wants a precision barrel, they should buy one.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 04-25-19 at 09:53.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    I can't seem to understand why so many consumers are against disclosure and show a willingness to protect industry secrets.
    Simple, because then they wouldn't know something you didn't know.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post

I'd still say that it's 100% acceptable. If someone wants a precision barrel, they should buy one.
    BUTBUTBUT all the TACTICAL-TOMMIES say BCM SUCKs and they CHoot .1234MOA out of their <Insert Flavor> with M193 Ball offhand at night

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I'd tend to agree. It would be nice to know who made them, though. That way you could buy from the source (if they sell retail).

I've looked cursorily at Molon's stuff, it's great. I've always wished he'd would test a wider variety of manufacturers. (ETA - understand that he is bound by the limits of his wallet and interest)

Another thing you need to keep in mind is that a .58" radius is a 1.107 MOA group (.58 x 2 / 1.047).
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PappyM3 View Post
    A more apt comparison would be something more relevant to the operation of the car. A barrel is a key component in how a gun shoots and barrel life is also a factor. It would be more accurate to be asking who makes the toyota’s engine, brakes, or something like that. And yes, those components’ manufacturers are readily available knowledge.

This guy’s question is absolutely fair to ask. If the answer is “Sorry, BCM likes to keep that an trade secret”, so be it. But it’s pretty ridiculous to jump on the guy for a valid question.
    I didn’t “jump” him. Just saying it’s what they do. Heck, they may use four or five vendors. They may want to avoid the questions of which came from which. I don’t know.

But if the guy or anybody else chooses not to buy them based on that then that’s their propagative. Though this is a standard others aren’t necessarily held to, but since a few low-tier brands do for whatever reason is no reason to demand others follow suit.

All parts are pretty essential including, perhaps the BCG and LPK. Are those advertised who makes them for BCM or for everybody else?

This question has been asked here and on many other forums multiple times. A search could have eliminated the need for the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    I didn’t “jump” him. Just saying it’s what they do. Heck, they may use four or five vendors. They may want to avoid the questions of which came from which. I don’t know.
    Sorry for the miscommunication. The jumping on him bit wasn’t directed at you, but thread responses in general.

All parts are pretty essential including, perhaps the BCG and LPK. Are those advertised who makes them for BCM or for everybody else?

This question has been asked here and on many other forums multiple times. A search could have eliminated the need for the thread
    Desire to know about barrel provenance without mentioning the other parts doesn’t mean it wouldn’t also be nice to know about the other parts too.

And fair enough about the searching. Very legitimate gripe about the OP.

Feedback Score
    I actually did search. There’s a lot of threads on it, and people say outright that it’s made by FN or saying it’s other brands. But I’d never seen any documentation of it other than people saying it, so I wanted to see if anyone knew for sure. The answer is apparently “no one knows”. I’m not sure why it’s a touchy subject though, like it’s not supposed to be asked about. There are brands that are definitely not low end that say where their barrels come from, and considering it’s a vital part of the overall system it’s a reasonable thing to want to know. Nothing in my OP was complaining about anything.
    Last edited by SouthwestAviator; 04-25-19 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Wait, so no one is going to complain about BCM outsourcing their barrels? lol
    This ^^^ Everyone has a tizzy over Hodge or whoever and their components being outsourced, yet no-one bats an eye when BCM or any of the other beloved company's do the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I have guns from BCM and a bunch of other company's and it is very rare that most of them the capability or capacity to build everything in-house. Even the major players outsource components, just look at how many company's use Schmid Tool for parts.
    Last edited by drtywk; 04-25-19 at 13:54.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast