Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Are BCM BFH Barrels made by FN?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Depends how much the barrels cost, among other factors, but not enough information is available from your statement.
    Somewhere the owner of PSA was quoted as saying they are the biggest customer for FN barrels. Given that infoe it isn't too farfetched to ss-u-m that they are getting them at the same, or better, price as Company 'A.'

Then it boils down to how much PSA spends compared to Company 'A' in prepping for sale and marketing the barrel. Once again, ass-u-me-ing that Company 'A's' paid shills (quoting Stick) don't work for free, and that Company 'A's' advertising and QC efforts cost more than PSA's efforts in the same area, we get that Company 'A' ends up having more in the sale of the barrel than PSA.

Ass-u-me that both companies paid $100.00 for the barrel, and that Company 'A' spent double what PSA did to facilitate the sale of the barrel (QC, packaging, shipping, etc.). Assign an arbitrary expense of $25.00 for PSA and $50.00 for Company 'A'.

Company 'A' has $150.00 in the barrel and sells it for $200.00. If they sell 20 (original example) they stand to make $1000.00

PSA has $125.00 in the barrel, and sells 50 at $150.00. They stand to make $1250.00

It depends as whether you want to focus on premium price, making more per unit and selling less, or volume sales, selling more at smaller profit per unit.

Make your own decision as to which is the best method, businesses do.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 04-26-19 at 14:10.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry I didn’t read the last 8 pages, this may have been said.

BCM won’t say who thier barrels from so that they can get them from any one they want. This allows them flexibility all they are promising a customer is the dimensions of the barrel and that it is forged. They can use FN today and Daniel Defense tomorrow with out letting any one know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    What the hell kind of question is that?
    So you really don't understand or is this your way of craw fishing. It seems pretty simple to me, the first part was a statement "Obviously he and others care or they would not ask," with a question follow up " so tell me how many times have you and your BCM been in a gun fight" ???????
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Company 'A' has $150.00 in the barrel and sells it for $200.00. If they sell 20 (original example) they stand to make $1000.00

PSA has $125.00 in the barrel, and sells 50 at $150.00. They stand to make $1250.00
    Well you are changing your example, since the thought is they are 'the same barrels from FN'.

So company A only has $125.00 (just like PSA) in the barrel and sells for $200. They make $75 per and make $1500, or $250 more than PSA while only having $2500 invested instead of $6250 like PSA with 50 barrels.

Not to mention capital invested, storage, shipping, etc.

I know what you are saying, but higher sales numbers doesn't remotely mean high profits.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 04-26-19 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Alright folks that just about does it for this one.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was -just- about to tell these yahoos that if they can't post with civility, that it'd be forced upon them...
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678