Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Trijicon SRO

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...5/trijicon-sro

It will be interesting to see how this and the ACRO C-1/P-1 battle it out.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Trijicon SRO review (link below). Looks like both of them have some Pro’s and Con’s to me. I do like the thinner window fame on the SRO compared to the ACRO, but like the flush to the housing mounted lens more on the ACRO. I will check both the ACRO and the SRO out Friday morning at the NRA Show. May the best * overall* sight win. IMHO, at this point in time, these are the only two offerings *I* would have on a pistol.

https://youtu.be/4qY0fBN_Heo

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    In a OWB duty gun it looks like it may be a good option. It looks huge compared to an RMR which may not be the case in if you had them in front of you. If it's that much taller it may be a hindrance for concealed carry. I do appreciate the battery up top. Something they should have done with the gen 2 RMRs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Something they should have done with the gen 2 RMRs.
    The footprint won't allow it.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I am definitely interested in this. We will see how much more durable it is than the current RMR.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    An early report from the web says it's much easier to find the dot in the larger window.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I am definitely interested in this. We will see how much more durable it is than the current RMR.
    Is it supposed to be more durable? It “looks” less durable from a protection standpoint than the rmr, but also looks like a great carry-optics option for uspsa.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Is it supposed to be more durable? It “looks” less durable from a protection standpoint than the rmr, but also looks like a great carry-optics option for uspsa.
    Yeah I was really just talking out loud. It does appear less durable, but we will see once people get their hands on it and start testing it out. Currently the RMR is the most durable on the market, so to top that would be impressive.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I looked through both at the Glock, Aimpoint and Trijicon booths today. The ACRO is a nice little rugged sight no doubt, but the FOV of the SRO makes sight acqusition easier when mounted to a pistol. The downside of the SRO is the size, especially when manipulating the weapon: You can easily manipulate the slide using the rear slide grooves, but with the SRO, this is more difficult. Time will tell I guess

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    IMHO, when talking about the window size differences between brands or models, what sizes are available now is probably all we will ever see size wise. There is only so much room to work with when mounted on the back of a pistol slide. Also the thinner the housing is around the lens, the weaker it becomes. It’s all about tradeoffs and compromises.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-01-19 at 05:29.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast