G&R Tactical
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon SRO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, when talking about the window size differences between brands or models, what sizes are available now is probably all we will ever see size wise. There is only so much room to work with when mounted on the back of a slide. Also the thinner the housing is around the lens, the weaker it becomes. It’s all about tradeoffs and compromises.
    I absolutely agree with this. It’s definitely a balancing act with red dots on pistols.

Feedback Score
    Any idea if the SRO will work with an Atom slide?

Feedback Score
    95 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    According to Trijicon, the SRO has the same footprint or base as the RMR. So using the Unity RMR adaptor plate, Other than a possible rear sight clearance issue, it should work fine with the Unity Atom slide.
    Last edited by Biggy; 04-30-19 at 13:31.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus562 View Post
    It will work but you'll likely have to remove the rear sight to make room for the forward protrusion of the SRO.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    It will work but you'll likely have to remove the rear sight to make room for the forward protrusion of the SRO.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    That's what I was afraid might be the case.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So it's good for duty use?

" Political tags such as [...], communist, democrat, [...], fascist, liberal, conservative, [...] are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort. "
    - Robert Heinlein -

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    I wonder why Trijicon doesn't just make the RMR window a tad wider and a tad taller, but same window exterior dimensions. This sight looks great, similar to my DP Pro, but the bevel in the front kills the idea for irons in front of the sight like I want to do on my carry pistol. I don't mind racking the pistol off the RDS, but racking off suppressor height irons is a cheaper item to fix than the red dot itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    I wonder why Trijicon doesn't just make the RMR window a tad wider and a tad taller, but same window exterior dimensions. This sight looks great, similar to my DP Pro, but the bevel in the front kills the idea for irons in front of the sight like I want to do on my carry pistol. I don't mind racking the pistol off the RDS, but racking off suppressor height irons is a cheaper item to fix than the red dot itself.
    Looking at my RMR's I would think if Trijicon were to make the window big enough to even notice the difference (more then a tad) and not change the outside dimensions, the housing would have to be very, very thin. I am not saying paper thin but thin enough that it would no longer be a "Ruggedized" Miniature Reflex, hence RMR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12