Thread: AN/PAS 13e

Feedback Score

AN/PAS 13e

I have been using this IR scope lately (borrowed from a buddy of mine). This is the Raytheon (e) version.

Anyone use this scope? I see other manufacturers versions for sale in a very wide price range. Just curious about this one, how it stacks up to other .mil versions, and if it comes close to any civilian versions.

Eventually, I’ll probably have to give it back, but I’m going to use it in the meantime. There are some pigs that need death in the night ... they just don’t know it yet.

Feedback Score
    Some pics.

Sits on top of my 6.5 Grendel. (Most of it is BCM parts with Satern barrel and Geissele trigger.)

Sighting in wasn't difficult. It has a menu system you enter, then use the two adjustment buttons on top.

Since it’s IR, the entire target was white. Sighted it in by centering on the bottom/top edge of the cardboard until it was on. Then adjust accordingly.

In the future, I believe I would mount a piece of cardboard at 45 degrees. That would give me precise aiming points.

I verified that it doesn’t exactly return to zero if you remove and remount it. Not close enough to be comfortable shooting a pig, coyote or any animal.

While some of the groups were a bit ... rough (3”), I did accidentally manage one really nice group.

Feedback Score
    Nobody used this scope?