Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated NV category?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Dedicated NV category?

How about it? I suppose it could fall under Training or tactical gear but a stand alone dedicated night vision equipment and training section would be nice IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    That is a great idea. We should have one. Shooting at night with NV is a completely different animal.

Great idea.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I will bring it up with the Jedi Council. I agree, I think it's a good idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When requests for dedicated sub-forums come up, I usually recycle variations of this post. This one updated for the topic.

Not the only voice nor the last one, but some food for thought:

Additional sub-forums are proposed from time to time. When crunching the numbers that are both open to all and behind the curtain, those numbers usually don't support the stated need/desire for the new one. How members read M4C also guides what forums are useful. Anyone reading via the "what's new" button gets all content posted since last visit or last refresh. Members who browse by sub-forum would benefit, but how many they are and what they're reading is harder to capture.

Of note, most members don't read most threads. For example, this one has only been read by only 21 registered members since posted on 4/25. Many believe that a topic that isn't active or being read isn't being seen. More often, it's just doesn't have as much interest.

Here's an idea: When starting a new thread, lead the subject line with something like "NV” or something like that. I.e, "NV: SeeInTheDark Technology introduces 10th generation full color 3D nods" If you've started a thread previously on a NV topic, go back and retitle it thusly so it can be found. We could monitor and assess the content a little more easily that way.
    Accurizing thread titles helps content immensely.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    When requests for dedicated sub-forums come up, I usually recycle variations of this post. This one updated for the topic.

Accurizing thread titles helps content immensely.
    I was thinking about a new category here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdispl...-Tactical-Gear

Within it there are a variety of differant topics that can be discussed that many members could benefit from. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 6 different topics and one sticky:

Sticky- Show your NV

Topics:
    1. Mono vs Bino
    2. Shooting with an IR laser
    3. Shooting with IR compatible optics
    4. How to best zero your laser
    5. Do I need an IR illuminator?
    6. Do I need a laser with a clip-on?

That is just off the top of my head. I know a lot of people may have some limited NV knowledge from the MIL or LE but the really is most are trying to take some limited knowledge and apply it to their civilian weapons. This can open a great deal of discussions and information sharing to an area that M4C currently doesn't have an area to discuss.

And remember, it is dark about 50% of the time..... so don't get caught in the dark.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think a dedicated NV section would fit under the 'Tactical Gear' category, which has tactical gear, lights, and optics sub-forums under it currently. Do most NV discussions occur in the lights/lasers sub-forum at this time?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I think a dedicated NV section would fit under the 'Tactical Gear' category, which has tactical gear, lights, and optics sub-forums under it currently. Do most NV discussions occur in the lights/lasers sub-forum at this time?
    I really have not seen too many discussions on NV. Most are just randomly placed in whatever sub forum that people think they should go in. Kind of like how we have a really good Como thread in the Gear section.

Feedback Score
    At this time, we are not adding any other subforms but encourage NV threads in one of the tactical gear subforms. We can also highlight any started in the next Newsletter .

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Sad face

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast