Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My worst build result ever...

Feedback Score

My worst build result ever...

Well, I love the AR. I also love the AK for what it is.
    I have been less than in love with 7.62x39 ARs, and not entirely happy with the result of 300BO ARs.
    The closest I have come to loving a hybrid, for lack of a better word, is a SIG556R.

I decided to try a mutant type gun.

I ordered this.

And this.

When they came, I put them together (not really a build, but work with me), threw on some cheap BUIS and a fastfire.

Then experienced complete, and partial FTextract. Failures to eject. fTF.
    I tired seven different versions of Wolf, Tula, Red Army, etc. ammo.

I used my beloved no rib Chinese mags. Ribbed and non ribbed European mags. Tapco. A drum. Two generations of Magpul mags. These mags, even the tapcos, all work in a mak90, OPAP, couple of NPAPs, a SAR, and even an SKS-M that takes AK mags. And the 556R.

Out of 140 rounds I got five in a row once from a second gen Magpul mag. Three in a row twice from a Chinese mag. The rest was singles and some doubles as I did mag and ammo combos.

More lube, clean and lube, inspect, more lube, inspect-
    I can’t find anything specific wrong. So, my contact to customer service has gone in.

If it was functioning great I would say it needs a BHO/BR and a left side charging handle, and that I love the AR grip/selector ergonomics and the large paddle release Vs the typical AK paddle release.

My plans to rub noses of my 300AAC loving buddies, and 7.62x39 AR mag guns buddies, who love rubbing my nose in 5.45x39 ARs, is all coming off the tracks.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thats too bad. I was actually looking at one of these as an alternative to CMMG as way to have fun with my rather large stockpile of 7.62x39.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Yeah. AK is second only to ARs for me.
    I have a MAK90 I got over 25 years ago and have since deneutered.
    A Draco based SBR, a PAP based SBR,
    An underfolder PAP,
    Synthetic stocked PAP,
    An OPAP. That and the MAK are my favorite. The thick receiver stamped guns are even better than milled in my opinion.
    The OPAP had a little too much bolt/hammer friction at first, my only other AK issues ever.
    My PSL, PAK 9, M85 that takes AR mags, SAR all run great. Same with the 556R.

I was in disbelief with this KS47.
    All those AKs in different calibers running various AK
    47 mags, various AK74 mags, Glock mags, Beretta mags, AR mags like nothing.

And ARs in multiple calibers as well.

Seemed like a match made in heaven, and the reviews were promising.

Feedback Score
    So you should have bought this instead;

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/pro...47-rifle-black

Feedback Score
    The goal was an AK mag rifle with better paddle release and better selector ergonomics,
    With AR instead of AK mounting options for optics.

The 556R ergs with the grip and selector are not as good as the AR. And the company that made the grips to make it better no longer make them.

I was not in the market for another AK.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Be prepared to wait on PSA too, they are not the fastest on getting back to people. I'm in the process of sending back a out of spec lower, when they say 3-5 days for something plan on it being closer to 5-7 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    The goal was an AK mag rifle with better paddle release and better selector ergonomics,
    With AR instead of AK mounting options for optics.

The 556R ergs with the grip and selector are not as good as the AR. And the company that made the grips to make it better no longer make them.

I was not in the market for another AK.

You chose ergonomics over reliability and in that learned a valuable lesson.

Feedback Score
    I hope they take care of you. They hosed me on a PSA-10 build (snap the two halves together) build, so I stopped buying from them. If you’re not stuck on using AK mags, I’ve had great results with regular lowers and RZE Unimags for 7.62x39.

Feedback Score
    Contact them via their industry subforum on TOS if you have any issues getting this resolved. Josiah is the rep and he will take care of it from what I have seen. If you call and can't get anywhere ask for his email or number

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Is PSA a good second tier option? I honestly dont know, just asking. I think when you by from these companies, brace for impact...

Honestly, good luck with your build, I dont know shit about PSA, was just curious about their rep from those that do.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast