https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperst....cfm/ID/204586

https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/tula-...em-75hp-20-50/

Ammo prices have come down, but I don't think anyone older than 20-25 is thinking they are actually that good. Gone are the days when you could pick order up a case (1,000) of Q3131A 55 grain fmj for $160. No, I'm not an old man shaking my fist at the sun and talking in tongues, but we have to live with the fact that ammo prices jumped, and they never came back down to a level we had seen before.

Move on and suck it up? Sure, I can understand that idea, but it makes me wonder about the steel cased 75 grain ammo which is available for roughly a quarter the cost of its brass cased siblings.

In the case of the Hornady & Tula ammunition, we are seeing specs as seen below:

Hornady 5.56 NATO 75 gr BTHP Match Ammo Specifications

40 cents per round at the above link (found online, I don't know them)

Caliber: 5.56 NATO
Bullet Weight: 75 gr
Product Line: Frontier
Bullet Type: BHTP Match
Muzzle Velocity: 2860 fps
Quantity: 20/Box

TULA TA223675 223REM 75HP 20/50

22 cents per round at the above link (I don't know these guys either)

Mfg Item Num: TA223675
Model Number: Centerfire Rifle
Series: HP
Unit of measure: BX
Caliber: 223 Remington/5.56 NATO
Bullet Type: Hollow Point
Bullet Weight: 75 GR
Muzzle Energy: 1260 ft lbs
Muzzle Velocity: 2750 fps
Rounds Per Box: 20
Application: Target/Competition
Casing Material: Steel

These are the cheapest offerings I've seen in 75 grain ammo. If I can buy 10,000 rounds for the price of 5,000, that is fantastic if it still shoots fine. With the possibility of shooting 10,000 for the price of 2,500 dollars, I really don't care about burning out a barrel as I can stockpile ammo which is pretty darn close to my chosen ammo POA/ POI. In a pinch, I can even use the same ammo and not have worries.

Have you guys tried any of the above? Are you familiar with any other offerings which may be priced similar to these? If so, let us know. I'm not quite set up for reloading yet, and freshening up stock piles of ammo always seems like a wise move.

Thanks for any comments.