4 18.18%
  • This Is a Dumb Idea

2 9.09%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I'm Considering Designing a Modular GP Pouch. Gauging Interest

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi All,

Another update: I've been in contact with a number of manufacturers and gear designers, and I believe that I've narrowed down my search to two companies that will be able to produce the initial prototype, and may also be able to work on an initial small batch.

I'll update more as I have news.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi All,

Here's the latest update: in the next few days I'll be submitting more details to the company that I chose to work with for the prototype of this pouch. I'll have a more concrete timeframe regarding this project and the initial prototype shortly.

Thanks for sticking with me as I develop this concept into a reality!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Another update!

I've submitted a technical package to the particular company today and am waiting to hear back on comments and an initial project timeline.

For those of you who have been engaged in the process, an update email was sent out. This should be exciting!

I'll be keeping the Google Forms questionnaires active as well to continue building a living dataset, so, if anyone is interested in contributing to this product's development who hasn't already, let me know.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    Another update!

I've submitted a technical package to the particular company today and am waiting to hear back on comments and an initial project timeline.

For those of you who have been engaged in the process, an update email was sent out. This should be exciting!

I'll be keeping the Google Forms questionnaires active as well to continue building a living dataset, so, if anyone is interested in contributing to this product's development who hasn't already, let me know.
    Got the email - thanks for keeping "the team" updated! I cannot wait to see what the final product looks like. I really like that I've been able to contribute my opinions in all the questionnaires we've done so far. Thanks for keeping this thread updated!
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey All,

I have a potential timeline and an update: I've heard back from the gear designer who I have been working with, and the earliest timeframe that we are going to see a prototype and generation 1 of this project will be Summer 2020-end of Summer 2020. I'm going to do what I can to speed-up the timeframe, generally speaking, but I would be interested in your opinions here, as I want to be fully transparent in the project's status as well as in managing expectations as the timeline changes etc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi All,

I have an update here - given the relative disturbances to normalcy caused by COVID-19, I am waiting on an updated timeframe from the gear designer who I am working with. I have a soft-commitment of end of Summer 2020 for the prototype from them, and am finalizing a formal contract with them in the next week, provided there are no hiccups here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi All,

Another update - I have been in touch with the designer regarding disruptions to their workflow from COVID-19, and have been told that they may be able to resume work on this project as early as August, however the timeframe is still in flux.

Thanks for bearing with the craziness in what is otherwise a pretty straightforward, well-defined project. I'll update as things progress.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hi All,

I have a significant update - a prototype has been made, and I should have it in hand by end of week, provided there are no hiccups. Once I have the first prototype, I'll be conducting some testing and evaluation over the next few weeks to hammer out any alterations.

More news to come soon!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Good to hear. I really thought the beer virus would have derailed your whole project indefinitely.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Good to hear. I really thought the beer virus would have derailed your whole project indefinitely.
    Fortunately that's not the case, but there are a number of manufacturers who have never busier in terms of demand, and are also trying to deal with supply chain issues. For context, the virus did lengthen development time by nearly 9 months. I'm treating this as a blessing in disguise in terms of idea maturation, as there have been a bunch of developments over the past 9 months that has helped to inform the design.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast