Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw a pic on Instagram from GLOCKINC

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Saw a pic on Instagram from GLOCKINC

It was a NEW G45 MOS.

That is all.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwuDyQqFYqi/
    Last edited by RWH24; 04-26-19 at 18:26.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Finally. Been watching for this one.

Feedback Score
    i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which are all certified glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which are all certified glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth
    Its because *most people* don't shoot enough to have it become an issue, and enough of the people who do have their slides milled. That leaves a very small percentage of their customers as dissatisfied customers.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I had one issue with a Docter Optic coming loose. I lock tightes and didn’t have any further issues. Upon recently switching to an RMR2 I also bought the Trijicon mounting plate and screws for the MOS. I have had no issues.

Though I do agree they should address the thread depth or whatever it takes.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which is all certified Glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth
    At the "risk" of voiding the Factory Warranty which I'm sure its voided after having the slide milled anyways, could the holes be redrilled deeper and use bigger longer mounting screws? I'm sure there will be some quality aftermarket shops realize the potential for a "Fix" for the weak MOS system!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    At the "risk" of voiding the Factory Warranty which I'm sure its voided after having the slide milled anyways, could the holes be redrilled deeper and use bigger longer mounting screws? I'm sure there will be some quality aftermarket shops realize the potential for a "Fix" for the weak MOS system!
    IIRC Agency can mill a MOS slide for their AOS plate system, which appears more robust than the MOS system. But at that point I think you'd be money ahead by selling the gun, buying a non-MOS variant, and having the slide milled for a specific optic. Unless you expect to change optics, which is possible as MRDS tech advances, or the specific gun isn't offered in a non-MOS configuration.

Back to the topic, it makes sense that Glock would offer a MOS G45. MRDS on handguns is gaining traction with LE departments, but many depts will want, or even mandate, factory optic-compatible guns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No thanks. I sent a G45 in to get milled. It’s relatively cheap and very easy and you get a much better mounting platform and the optic sits lower which is a big plus. Don’t understand the pre-milled optic slides.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffM. View Post
    IIRC Agency can mill a MOS slide for their AOS plate system, which appears more robust than the MOS system. But at that point I think you'd be money ahead by selling the gun, buying a non-MOS variant, and having the slide milled for a specific optic. Unless you expect to change optics, which is possible as MRDS tech advances, or the specific gun isn't offered in a non-MOS configuration.

Back to the topic, it makes sense that Glock would offer a MOS G45. MRDS on handguns is gaining traction with LE departments, but many depts will want, or even mandate, factory optic-compatible guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    No thanks. I sent a G45 in to get milled. It’s relatively cheap and very easy and you get a much better mounting platform and the optic sits lower which is a big plus. Don’t understand the pre-milled optic slides.

Oh yea I agree,it was just a thought I guess about "fixing" the Factory MOS system. I plan on getting a G45 this Summer for sure and will more than likely get it milled as time goes on. I'm getting ready to send a CZ 07 out to Primary Machine for my 1st MRDS on a gun so I'm excited to get going with it ! I think the G45 will be a good addition also as time moves on ! But like you guys said I'll get a Standard one and just get the slide milled,most places its like $160 & then return shipping,,not bad really.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast