Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saw a pic on Instagram from GLOCKINC

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    At the "risk" of voiding the Factory Warranty which I'm sure its voided after having the slide milled anyways, could the holes be redrilled deeper and use bigger longer mounting screws? I'm sure there will be some quality aftermarket shops realize the potential for a "Fix" for the weak MOS system!
    There are aftermarket plates that have much more thread engagement. I’ve ordered one, because RMR to the face hurts like hell.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbytucson View Post
    i will never buy another mos nor trust one, ever unless they redesign the system. ive had my rmr and dpp fly off during firing. the thread depth in any of the plates are only 2 full tiny threads deep....ive even had the local glockmeister store which are all certified glock armorers install re-install the optics with proper screws and threadloc, happened again at about 3k'ish rounds...mos is a flaw. a major flaw. quite frankly im not the only one who has experienced this, and i have no idea why glock doesnt address this and pretends there is nothing wrong with the systems thread depth
    Me neither. SLIDES MILLED by Doug at ATEI Guns
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Picked up the G45 MOS today. My LGS had one in-stock so I scooped it up. Mounted a RMR Type 2 on it so now it's time to shoot this thing. I hear you guys regarding the MOS system, but this is my very first pistol RDS setup and feel comfortable doing it this way. This will not get carried and will be a range gun only for now. If I don't like it for some reason I can just sell it off. If I fall in love with the pistol RDS and want to fully commit than I'll go the milled route.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    Its because *most people* don't shoot enough to have it become an issue, and enough of the people who do have their slides milled. That leaves a very small percentage of their customers as dissatisfied customers.
    I’m curious to know why we haven’t heard of it being a problem for USASOC (as far as I know). They’ve been using the G19 MOS since Gen 3 (can’t remember if that was before or after the introduction of the Gen 4 MOS to the civilian market). I would think they certainly shoot enough to identify it as an issue. I’ll ask one of their armorers on another forum.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Picked up the G45 MOS today. My LGS had one in-stock so I scooped it up. Mounted a RMR Type 2 on it so now it's time to shoot this thing. I hear you guys regarding the MOS system, but this is my very first pistol RDS setup and feel comfortable doing it this way. This will not get carried and will be a range gun only for now. If I don't like it for some reason I can just sell it off. If I fall in love with the pistol RDS and want to fully commit than I'll go the milled route.
    I understand your reasons and yes, it is a way to get into MRDS on pistols.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah for a while I was really tempted by the G40 MOS, but I read about similar issues. If I ever step up to 10mm it’ll be a G20 that I have milled (and an aftermarket barrel with a fully supported chamber).

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    There are aftermarket plates that have much more thread engagement. I’ve ordered one because RMR to the face hurts like hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Picked up the G45 MOS today. My LGS had one in stock so I scooped it up. Mounted an RMR Type 2 on it so now it's time to shoot this thing. I hear you guys regarding the MOS system, but this is my very first pistol RDS setup and feel comfortable doing it this way. This will not get carried and will be a range gun only for now. If I don't like it for some reason I can just sell it off. If I fall in love with the pistol RDS and want to fully commit than I'll go the milled route.
    Hey, guys quick question "without" starting a whole new thread. My slide is out getting milled so I have 2 questions while I wait. I have an RMR 2 and it's the 1st one I have owned & I know nothing about them, but I am assuming/guessing there is NO bottom plate/cover over the battery? I hear guys talk if the dot flickers or is intermintend they put a piece of black tape on the gun to shim it ! I guess if it seals it and no elements can get in the battery compartment then its OK,just seems weird there is no cover of any kind !
    The second question is who makes the "aftermarket" plates for the Glock MOS system? Ballpark $$$ if you have an idea, Thanks.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I have an RMR 2 and it's the 1st one I have owned & I know nothing about them, but I am assuming/guessing there is NO bottom plate/cover over the battery?
    Correct. I had to use a mounting kit - Trijicon (AC32064) which was $16.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The second question is who makes the "aftermarket" plates for the Glock MOS system? Ballpark $$$ if you have an idea, Thanks.
    I bought a C&H Precision Weapons RMR plate and screws for my MOS. It was $44 and arrived in a week. Seems solid so far, more so than the Glock plate.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast