Thread: HELP! - Surefire suppressor on bolt gun

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

HELP! - Surefire suppressor on bolt gun

I built a clone correct XM-3 this year, and the last thing I need is the suppressor. I am currently deployed so taking the rifle into my shop to test what I am about to explain wont be possible for another couple months. The FA762SS can seems to be impossible to find, however my LGS recently got in some of the mk20 (FA762SV) cans. instantly I was interested in one, but we are having trouble determining if they will work on the mount I have.

The reply from Surefire was this -

"They will attach but there will not be any retention for the lock-ring if tha FA762SV adapter is installed on the MB762SSAL/RE brake. the flash hider for the SCAR(FA762SV-SCAR) has teeth machined into the back for the suppressor latch to engage. These teeth are missing on the brake for the FA762SS (MB762SSAL/RE) and therefore will not retain. The SV suppressor uses a different latch and lock-ring system than the SS suppressor does. Basically this is not ideal in either situation. The FA762SV suppressor should only be installed on the FH762SZ-SCAR flash hider "

so some things I want to clarify, the XM-3 uses the CA762SSAL/RE, not the MB. there MUST be 2 models of the CA762SSAL/RE because Mine has teeth on it like the Scar version does, which is making me confused. The old owner of my flash hider had the FA762SS can on it, so that was basically a dead end.

Has anybody ran into this before? Does anybody by chance have both items on hand that can test this for me?
    Last edited by KingCobra; 04-27-19 at 02:09.
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    Hello I have the CA762SSAL/RE SureFire brake and it has one notch at the bottom the of the brake I building an XM3 clone maybe you can post pictures of the brake you have I have seen The SCAR brake and it has teeth like you mentioned I would like to see the brake you have with the teeth thank you geoff3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Geoff3, I'm not sure I quite understand your question.

Since this OP I have had alot of hands on, bought a can, etc.

If you have a CA762SSAL/RE with teeth, ignore the teeth, but know the toothed version is the correct version.

The fa762ss doesn't interface the teeth at all, so if you have an untoothed version it won't be clone correct, but the fa762ss will still mount properly (both gen 1 and 2 cans)

I sent you a message on facebook and tagged you on the XM-3 album in the clone group.

Feedback Score
    Hello I want to apologize I read your post with my glasses on this time and all your information is correct about the brakes correctly matching the cans my bad ,I am trying to find the Facebook clone page your referring too and Air soft keeps coming up ,geoff3

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    CRA - US service clones and retro builds

You can also add me on facebook and I can share alot more information. My name is Hunter Pratt, profile picture is a helicopter with people SPIE rigging.