Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trijicon VCOG 1-8x28

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I have personal experience with the diopter shift (it was un-usable for me, and resulted in a headache. I spent MY money on that, too. Lost about $500 on the quick-flip. I really really wanted to like it. Definitely not a "It's a POS and I'm gonna show you!" mentality that I had when I walked into it).

The durability comments are from personal conversation with an individual who deployed with several dozen VCOGs and several; dozen MK6's in his unit as part of an evaluation. Zero MK6's hard broke. Four VOCGs did (fogging, loss of adjustments). The MK6's only issue was improper mounting in the LT mounts due to human error, and loss of power due to being left on. Again, human error, but worth mentioning. *This is from memory several years back.
    The MK6 is awesome. I'm still mad I had to sell mine. I've even considered selling my NX8 for one.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm impressed by Trijicon. They cold have rested on their laurels with the big government contracts they have gotten, such as the ACOG. But, they haven't. They've continued to innovate and improve and take chances. I don't love everything they've made. However, they manage to keep their products relevant in multiple categories (pistol mounted red-dots, rifle mounted red-dots, LPVOs, ACOGs).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    No wind holds on the reticle.... so hard pass on that one.
    Give it an ACSS reticle and I’d be into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    The MK6 is awesome. I'm still mad I had to sell mine. I've even considered selling my NX8 for one.
    I like my NX8 better. The only nod I'd give to the MK6 is that the glass was a touch cleaner, and it had a slightly warmer palate, which I liked.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks very cool, come on guys please buy these things up so they make more versions with better reticles and mounts out of the box. Would also love to see a 1-8x ffp accupoint

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by z71lover8 View Post
    Give it an ACSS reticle and I’d be into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be awesome, would sell my 1-6 VCOG if they had a ACSS reticle in .308
    Ducti Amore Patriae

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    No wind holds on the reticle.... so hard pass on that one.
    Coal D. nailed that. If you shoot a lot of long range 400plus, that wind hold is critical. Inside 300 and you can just hold off a bit. Otherwise NO.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I want one. I never experienced any problems with my 1-6 vcog minus it wasn’t as bright as I wanted and the crosshair is a tad thick for a 100yd zero. I like the new reticle and if it’s as bright as my 1-8 red accupower then i’m getting one for my work gun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Coal D. nailed that. If you shoot a lot of long range 400plus, that wind hold is critical. Inside 300 and you can just hold off a bit. Otherwise NO.

PB
    Great information about the wind holds. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    They’re $2000 on opticsplanet and if you have a dvor account they were $1777.99

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast