Thread: B&T APC9 and Aimpoint T1 Question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

B&T APC9 and Aimpoint T1 Question

Gentlemen,

For those of you who own or have handled the regular or Pro APC 9:

Can an Aimpoint T1/H1 be mounted with the leading edge of its mount’s base in line (vertically) with the leading edge of the magazine well? All of the photos I can find have Aimpoints mounted well to the rear on the firearm. This makes me tentatively conclude that an Aimpoint’s mount may impede the charging handle as it tracks fore and aft. I’d like to determine if this is so.

I’d love to own an APC but from an aesthetic point of view, I would pass on this fine Swiss firearm if I can’t keep its red dot just above the magazine well.

Many Thanks!
    Last edited by Apoptotic; 04-27-19 at 10:13.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No issues. Most probably place smaller non magnified optics further toward the rear because their results in a subjectively wider FOV through the optic. Also, you want the APC9 Pro. Non reciprocating ambi charging handles, continuous top pic rail with omission of the integral flip up sights (allows user to add their own irons of their choice), AR15/M16 pistol grip compatibility. It is fantastic.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have an Aimpoint in a Geissele mount, and it is mounted toward the rear of the receiver. The mount doesn’t interfere with the operation of the charging handles, but it does interfere with my hand while manually operating the charging handle. The Reptilia mount looks like it would remedy this, for me, and allow the optic to be placed wherever.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    That is exactly where I mount my Trij MRO onmy APC9 (forward). No issues at all.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Excellent! Thank you all.
    VETERANVS•EGO•SVM

O•MARS•CORROBORA•ME•VT•PVGNARE•PERGAM

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My vote is for the standard APC9. The reciprocating charging handle is a nonissue as it’s placed out of the way...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here it is with an Aimpoint ACRO

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    My vote is for the standard APC9. The reciprocating charging handle is a nonissue as it’s placed out of the way...

While I agree the standard APC9 is great, the Pro is even better. The ambidextrous non-reciprocating cocking handles are perfectly executed. The lower uses any removable AR15 pistol grip and has an improved bolt catch. And the Pro bolt can use standard or Glock mag lowers. The Pro is excellent.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT