Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR Pistol Weight

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hazmatt View Post
    I 've got a 11.3 hanson build with an alg 10 in rail (mlok without full pic rail), mbus sights, sba3, afg, , sling, light and a sparc 2 it's right at 6lbs 9oz.
    Great info, thanks - mine should be a bit lighter without the light, Spark II, or AFG.

Feedback Score
    De nada. Yeah k2 pistol grip isnt the lightest also h2 buffer. Adds up quick I'd think you'd be under 6lb's easily.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I put the pistol together, the barrel is a .750 gas block Hanson, not the .625 gas block barrel I ordered. The retailer offered to swap it when I pointed out the error, but BA's site shows 1 oz difference between them, so I declined.

I don't have a proper scale, but my bathroom scale says I am 5.8 lbs lighter when I am not holding the pistol. No optic, light, sling - just DD/Troy fixed F/R sights, an empty Pmag 30 and 5 BCM rail covers. H2 buffer.

Zeroed it at 50 yards and fired a couple hundred problem-free rounds yesterday.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-09-19 at 06:35.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good job, we wanna see pics!

Good on ya zeroing at 50, I did that too, now 2-3 inches high at 100, perfect.

You can walk and run all day with that thing and not get smoked.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Good job, we wanna see pics!

Good on ya zeroing at 50, I did that too, now 2-3 inches high at 100, perfect.

You can walk and run all day with that thing and not get smoked.
    Thanks, I am pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Feedback Score
    I’m at around 7.5lbs with a 11.5” Colt FBI barrel, H2 buffer, SBA3 brace, Troy BUIS, Aimpoint PRO, and a Streamlight TRL-1 (for the moment). It wears a MI 10.5” Combat rail. Does that seem heavy? I went with a light weight rail knowing the barrel was heavy.
    Last edited by OldState; 06-10-19 at 11:06.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    I’m at around 7.5lbs with a 11.5” Colt FBI barrel, H2 buffer, SBA3 brace, Troy BUIS, Aimpoint PRO, and a Streamlight TRL-1 (for the moment). It wears a MI 10.5” Combat rail. Does that seem heavy? I went with a light weight rail knowing the barrel was heavy.
    I don't think that's heavy, especially if that's loaded.

Mine's 7.6 loaded, sans RDS or light.

I always take for granted the amount if weight those two force multipliers add to any weapon. It's one of the reasons for the modern trend toward shorter barrel "battle carbines", shorter guns are lighter, so it doesn't tip the scales so much with all the crap we need to hang on them, I think.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    One of the reasons I built mine without optic or light was to avoid the weight penalty. On the other hand, my 11.3 pistol is not my "go-to" AR - that would be my 16" BCM lightweight or my 14.5" LMT SPM with red dots and lights.

The other reason, frankly, is that quality fixed sights cost me @ $100 and equivalent quality RDS would run $400+.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-11-19 at 10:57.

Feedback Score
    Unloaded...but with light and optic. It’s officially 7lbs 7 oz on a luggage scale. My original intent was to make it a very light weight gun...but then I found that barrel with a factory shaved FSP for a good price. It’s very accurate
    Last edited by OldState; 06-11-19 at 09:51.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd be happy with that.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast