Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Decent price on Norma 223

Feedback Score

Decent price on Norma 223

Strictly given current ammo prices this ones pretty decent. Shot a bunch of Norma 223 in the past and it is good stuff. I bought a bunch. Free shipping on orders over $150
    IMO it's a VG price worth posting. No limit either.

https://normashooting.com/shop/calib...fmj-30-rounds/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have shot a bunch of that stuff, still have some left over from the before times.

Very accurate, great brass to reload, love the stuff.

.36/round back then, .48 now, go for it.

Feedback Score
    I bought a bunch of Norma .223 "match" ammo loaded with 77gr SMKs, and in my White Oak it shoots lights out — better than FGMM with 69gr SMKs.

I guess they're not loading SMKs anymore?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have bought two cases of their 9mm 124 ball range ammo for just over $300 a case. Very reasonable prices in this environment, and it is good ammo. Haven't reloaded the brass yet but being Norma I don't anticipate any issues.

Also snatched up some 6.5-284 at a steal.

Feedback Score
    They still have the free shipping deal for orders over $150, but I think they charge your state's sales tax. I will add that you get a 10% off code to use one time if you sign up for their newsletter right now.

Their prices aren't great, but I think you will have a hard time doing better currently.

I think the 55gr FMJ 223 Norma "Tactical" is relabeled XM193 (even with the same circular crimp on the primers) even though the headstamp says "norma"; I don't think it's the higher quality stuff from years ago.

Joe Mamma
    Last edited by Joe Mamma; 01-03-22 at 18:04. Reason: fixing a typo to make this more clear
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    They still have the free shipping deal for orders over $150, but I think they charge your state's sales tax. I will add that you get a 10% off code to use one time if you sign up for their newsletter right now.

Their prices aren't great, but I think you will have a hard time doing better currently.

I think the 55gr FMJ 223 Norma "Tactical" is relabeled XM193 (even with the same circular crimp on the primers) even though the headstamp says "norma"; I don't think it's not the higher quality stuff from years ago.

Joe Mamma
    I was wondering.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't think so. The batch we got a while back is more accurate than m193.

Feedback Score
    I’ve never shot Norma 223, but we did shoot a couple boxes of 308 whitetail while sighting in and plinking a couple months back.
    It was very accurate. Local academy had it for around $23 a box

Feedback Score
    It looks like what I said above was wrong. I just received some and the primer crimps are not the circular crimp that others have reported recently and most of us associate with Winchester XM193. What I received has the 3 stake primer crimp, so it is not relabeled Winchester XM193.

Also, the boxes I received say "3241" fps velocity instead of "3240" on the box in the picture on their website. I doubt that 1 fps makes a difference, but it's probably a way to differentiate it from a different production run/batch? My lot number says "2021-21" if anyone is curious.

I also noticed that their current website picture shows 20 round boxes, instead of the 30 round boxes that they are currently selling.

I don't reload, so I can't speak to the quality of the brass or anything else like that. But I thought some people here would want to know this.

Joe Mamma
    Last edited by Joe Mamma; 01-13-22 at 08:00.
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    I just received some
    Who stocks this?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast