Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H322 and 77 grain Sierra TMKs.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

H322 and 77 grain Sierra TMKs.

I got my best results yet from 77 grain TMKs on Sunday. Although the SD isn’t that thrilling, the load shot ¾ MOA, and had great velocity with no pressure signs. I even shot them in my Wylde chamber that doesn’t play well with hot ammo.

I ran a load over published max… which I had done a few years back using 77 gr OTMS… and had good results then, but never followed up because the target load we run has always been good for us.

The velocity is just under 2800 fps with a 20” barrel.

The load is 77 gr TMK, WOLF SRM primer, 22.2gr H322. (pressure might vary with hotter primers and different poweder lots)

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Why you messing with perfection bro? Did something cause you to leave the below for H322?

I shot this group yesterday at 300 yards with your original SMK load using a TMK bullet.

LC brass
    CCI 450
    23.5gr XBR 8208 (warning: over max)
    77gr TMK
    COAL 2.255”
    2757 FPS at 90°F SD of 7 - 2738 FPS at 30°F

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...06#post2731006

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow! That's a great 300 yard group. We never get a chance to shoot beyond 100 for groups. Our spot usually has just enough wind to make groups a pain to shoot.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Thanks man! I was blown away when I looked at it.

I’m assuming then you switched to get better SDs or something?

I’m only asking because you and Onyx put me on that load a few years ago and I’ve never looked back. Very interested why you’d be switching since it has always been fantastic for me. I think you always used it with SMKs right?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I see a lot of folks have good results with Russian primers, but I can never seem to find them anywhere. Are these from a giant personal stockpile, or do you still buy them from somewhere?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I’m assuming then you switched to get better SDs or something?
    No. Just had a 150 pieces of once fired LC someone left us. So I pulled out a box of TMKs and just goosed the H322 load up to try something different.

Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    I see a lot of folks have good results with Russian primers, but I can never seem to find them anywhere. Are these from a giant personal stockpile, or do you still buy them from somewhere?
    We have a stockpile from hell. I went long in them back when Wideners sold them for a price that would make you cry now. And Pappabear scooped some more up from back page before they shut that operation down.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for posting the experiment. Most sources that I looked into described H322 as a powder best suited for lighter weight bullets (55gr and less). Good to know that the heavier weight projectiles are also possible.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We normally don’t shoot TMK’s because the Noslers are almost as good and much cheaper. But since we had all same brass, we thought, let’s try and stretch out some high BC loads a little hotter. Next week, maybe we can try some long distance groups along with slappping steel. We popped the 1k a couple times. Sometimes we have to hit target then miss it to the side just to make sure we are there. We shoot a Rem 700 5R with can that is lights out and a blast to shoot.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazykarl View Post
    Thanks for posting the experiment. Most sources that I looked into described H322 as a powder best suited for lighter weight bullets (55gr and less). Good to know that the heavier weight projectiles are also possible.
    The faster burning, benchrest extruded powders combined with mild primers have shot heavy bullets very well for us for years. I can't even remember what prompted me to try the combination.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We normally don’t shoot TMK’s because the Noslers are almost as good and much cheaper. But since we had all same brass, we thought, let’s try and stretch out some high BC loads a little hotter. Next week, maybe we can try some long distance groups along with slappping steel. We popped the 1k a couple times. Sometimes we have to hit target then miss it to the side just to make sure we are there. We shoot a Rem 700 5R with can that is lights out and a blast to shoot.

PB
    Pappabear, are you using the RDF or CC Nosler?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast