Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cci small rifle magnum primer?

Feedback Score

cci small rifle magnum primer?

Picked a brick up didn’t notice they were magnum. Seen yes and no for 300 blackout? Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    It’s fine. Start low and work up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    +1. Some recommend magnum primers with slow burning powders like H110 common in Blackout loads.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I run H110/Win 296 in 300 BLK Supers and use CCI magnum SRPs.
    No issues, consistent velocities.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Really starting to think shifting everything over to small magnum rifle and pistol would be in the best interest of minimizing supply line issues like we are facing every few years.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I've stockpiled SRP's for (Standard) Small Rifle and Small Pistol cartridges for that reason.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    My rule is target and varmint guns get CCI BR-4 and everything else gets a 450 or 41.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I've stockpiled SRP's for (Standard) Small Rifle and Small Pistol cartridges for that reason.
    Same here on the Rifle. Best thing I ever did was stock up on the WOLF small rifle primers. I don't mind having magnum primers around for blaster/short range ammo, but I try to protect my mild primer inventory if possible.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Some load data even calls for Magnum primers.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Some load data even calls for Magnum primers.
    In 300 BO specifically? I don't know a thing about 300 BO, but I've definitely had some hand fires with mild small rifle primers combined with some ball powders in .223. I almost never shoot ball powder any more, but years ago I experienced this.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast