Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H322 and 77 grain Sierra TMKs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Damn, I was hoping there was a source again.

I've got my own stock, just wish I could keep adding to it when I use them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masan View Post
    Damn, I was hoping there was a source again.

I've got my own stock, just wish I could keep adding to it when I use them.
    It does hurt a little when you pop open a new box.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Tried the 77 TMK with 23.5 XBR. Got decent results of 2705 FPS from a 16” barrel, the SD was 10. But 23.0 got me 2633 with an extreme spread of 3 FPS. I need to recheck that one.

But it doesn’t buy much over the RDF for the extra coin.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven’t shot the TMK but I can’t see how any of the tip designs of these heavy target bullets have significant difference until you get out to at least 500 yds. Quality of manufacture can show up in as short as 100 yds but open tip versus tip “A” versus tip “B” seems too fine a detail within 300 yds. And then I would expect it has more to do with wind drift and drop than accuracy. Is there experience otherwise?
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    I haven’t shot the TMK but I can’t see how any of the tip designs of these heavy target bullets have significant difference until you get out to at least 500 yds. Quality of manufacture can show up in as short as 100 yds but open tip versus tip “A” versus tip “B” seems too fine a detail within 300 yds. And then I would expect it has more to do with wind drift and drop than accuracy. Is there experience otherwise?
    Sure seems to be the case. I spoke with a President's 100 shooter the other day and he still had a very strong preference for 77gr SMKs despite plenty of other quality bullet designs available. We discussed the TMKs, etc. I found it interesting that he liked the 77gr TMKs as well, but not the 69gr TMK.

Edit: the guy I referenced earlier apparently set several Service Rifle records last year. He probably knows a little about stuff.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 05-05-19 at 15:25. Reason: Added info

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    I too really prefer the OTMs over the TMKs. In 77 gr, the performance difference doesn't really show up until we're past 500 yards.

On the flip side the 69gr TMK load in 5.56 from Black Hills is remarkably better/flatter shooting than any bullet in any weight in the caliber.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mark,

How big of a difference are you seeing with TMK vs SMK past 500? Your older thread sold me on 77 gr SMKs with 21.6g H322. I have been keeping tabs on this thread since it popped up but I am still using SMKs. Is it really worth the minor price jump to use TMKs?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRaptor View Post
    Mark,

How big of a difference are you seeing with TMK vs SMK past 500? Your older thread sold me on 77 gr SMKs with 21.6g H322. I have been keeping tabs on this thread since it popped up but I am still using SMKs. Is it really worth the minor price jump to use TMKs?
    This last batch was loaded much hotter than the 77gr OTM load we run. So it's not apples to apples. I'd have to have Pappabear check his dope sheet to see what we got at 750 and 1000 yards.

But that brings up a good point. Better BC hasn't really translated into better hit probability for us. There's days where, for example, the S&B 6.5 CM load is getting us more predictable hits on the 1300 yard steel and the American gunner OTM. And the difference is like 2.0 mils of come up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pappabear spotted me onto a 1000 yard hit in 2 rounds with this load today.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    22.2gr H322? With no optic?! How dare you! Lol. That's quite amazing. What length barrel and velocity?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast