Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: H322 and 77 grain Sierra TMKs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cool. Are you going to anneal or load bulk and skip annealing like I do?
    I have a shit ton of once-fired 556 brass from over the years. I dont plan on annealing it right now, unless I get a lot of split cases.

I decapped and did a quick tumble. My media is dirty so im getting the heavy shit off then changing media.

My plan is to de-crimp, resize, tumble, and hand prime.
    Then run it all through my 550 once I get it set.

Still need a trimmer, and chrono.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-26-22 at 14:03.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Right in between tumble and hand prime, is where you'll trim.

Me, I measure and trim only what's over 1.760, others with nicer automated setups like markm's Giraud, just put them all through.

Most of mine does not have to be trimmed after the 2nd and sometimes first firing. My Hornady dies do a good job of bumping the shoulder back.

Feedback Score
    any issue moving the neck expander step to after hand-priming?

Im thinking of sizing/depriming in a single stage, doing all the "off-machine" prep (decrimp, tumble, trim, handprime), then run through my 550 with a: 1. expanding die, 2. powder drop, 3. seat, 4. crimp

Thanks guys.

I'll probably end up with a Giraud, but if I can start chrono-ing and getting decent ammo cranked out without trimming that would be awesome. Might try some out once my dies show up.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-26-22 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Im thinking of sizing/depriming in a single stage, doing all the "off-machine" prep (decrimp, tumble, trim, handprime), then run through my 550 with a: 1. expanding die, 2. powder drop, 3. seat, 4. crimp

Thanks guys.

I'll probably end up with a Giraud, but if I can start chrono-ing and getting decent ammo cranked out without trimming that would be awesome. Might try some out once my dies show up.
    The Giraud Tri-Way trimmer is a great product if you don't feel like spending the money of the self contained unit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    The Giraud Tri-Way trimmer is a great product if you don't feel like spending the money of the self contained unit.
    Wow, definitely going that route for now! Thanks!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Most of mine does not have to be trimmed after the 2nd and sometimes first firing.
    Yep. After the first firing, the trimmer just kissed the neck. The chamfer is really why I do it every time.

Shouldn't be a problem. I like to size the batch, then run it all through the neck size, Then I can give it a final tumble before priming.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Wow, definitely going that route for now! Thanks!
    Absolutely! The thing is fast enough I don't bother sorting brass. Just run all of them through it because it's faster than measuring individual cases. I use mine with a corded Dewalt drill since it has high RPM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    Absolutely! The thing is fast enough I don't bother sorting brass. Just run all of them through it because it's faster than measuring individual cases. I use mine with a corded Dewalt drill since it has high RPM.
    Welp, I have tri-way, dillon carbide sizing die, forster micro seater, and rcbs neck expander on the way... along with 3k nosler cc w/cannelure ($65/250 from midway).

...but my 9mm dies showed up early so I'll be processing all that brass first. Thanks for all the input - everyone!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    dillon carbide sizing die,
    Are you going to take out the carbide expander ball? (remove ball, re-install decap pin without it) That's a key piece of making good loads.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Are you going to take out the carbide expander ball? (remove ball, re-install decap pin without it) That's a key piece of making good loads.
    Lol absolutely. I've read your posts!!

1.quick tumble to remove heavy dirt
    2. Lube
    3. Decap/resize
    4. Trim/de-crimp
    5. Cean
    6. Prime
    7. Expand neck
    8. Powder
    9. Seat
    10. FCD

I may combine steps 6&7. Well see.

End goal is for a balance of volume and 1moa or less once I get my match barrel
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-06-22 at 18:56.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast