Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reliable Glock 19 Extension's

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OEM 17 and 24rd mags are most reliable.
    OEM +2 work well.

The Tarans and other aftermarket extensions are often added as much for the added heft, grip, reloading attributes as they are for capacity.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I'm to the point that it's hard to justify spending 9n a "+ anything" for mags anymore when Magpul 21 rnders are so cheap, and all ths ones I have are reliable.

I do still love my 17 rnders w/ factory +2s though.
    This aligns with what I am thinking. Why mess with an extender when the Magpul 21s work. ?? Is there something an extended mag does that a Magpul 21 wouldn't do? Are the ETS 22 round ones any good?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Rapp View Post
    This aligns with what I am thinking. Why mess with an extender when the Magpul 21s work. ?? Is there something an extended mag does that a Magpul 21 wouldn't do? Are the ETS 22 round ones any good?
    My experience such that the magpul mags of any capacity are not on par with factory reliability. ETS are also subpar.

Also to echo earlier the factory 17 +2s are my favorite.

The factory 24s look great but I haven’t picked any up yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Because Magpul Glock Maga dont work well?

Feedback Score
    I have several Magpul 17, 21, 17 rounders. I can't make them work on the same level as factory Glock mags.

I use the Glock +2 extensions on several of my 17 round mags. I've been told the Arredondo and Shield Arms extensions work well.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Taran Tactical would be my #1 choice. I have a few. They work well and are very durable. I've dropped them on concrete countless times (I shoot mostly indoors) and they function flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    I ordered up a Glock 24 round one today. Curious to see how that works out. Are the OEM +1s the most reliable? I mean, why not 25? : )

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Glock lists an OEM G17+2 on their website, but I've never actually seen one for sale. It also lists the 19x magazine. It's fortunate that this thread came up because I just got a G45 and wanted a +2 mag for it so I was getting ready to order a 19x magazine because I couldn't find one in black. Are the black ones even available? I'd think that a factory +2 would be more reliable than an aftermarket extension. Of course, this belief is based upon absolutely nothing concrete.
    DSG Arms markets a combo option. Glock 17 magazine along with the OEM +2 baseplate and floor plate thingy.

Gen 4

https://dsgarms.com/magazines-kt-glk...xt-glk-mf17117

Gen 5
    https://dsgarms.com/magazines-kt-glkplus2ext-glk-39328
    Last edited by younggrasshopper; 03-09-20 at 13:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    https://www.glockstore.com/2-Mag-Ext...locks-17-22-31

Edit: I just realized you were looking for the entire mag, not just extensions.
    In reference to the link above, those are factory Glock parts correct? I saw the extension and insert on the Glock website but didn't see it as a "kit" with a new spring anywhere online except for glockstore.com. So these are good to go?

How does everyone feel about the Pearce grip extension. It doesn't add capacity but it replaces the floor plate to add a pinkie grip. Anyone use these before?
    PG-19G5_3.jpg

This is my first Glock and my soon to be CCW weapon so I'm trying to figure out who is reputable in the Glock world and who isn't, I don't want junk on my guns.
    Last edited by 85cucvtom; 03-10-20 at 09:49.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use the Pearce magazine extensions, like the one in your photo, on magazines for the Glock 42 and Glock 43. I never had a reliability issue.
    Train 2 Win

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast