Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliable Glock 19 Extension's

Feedback Score

Reliable Glock 19 Extension's

I've been looking at Taran Tactical base pads for my Gen 4 G19 with an Agency Arms mag well. On their website it says they dont work on the G19.

Does anyone know of good mag extensions for the G19 that do not cause reliability issues?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    I'm pretty confident they'll run reliably. It might be they won't work with that specific magwell. I know that with a vickers grip plug, the Taran extension will not allow the mag to fully seat due to the pin that holds the base pad on

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    G19 mag and TT +3 9mm

Last edited by RWH24; 04-29-19 at 19:05.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    A Glock 17 mag.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Ok, I didn't see that one for some reason. I was on the 9/40 mag and it says strictly that it will not work for a G19, so thanks for that link! I really want to give them a shot!

So with that pin in the back, does that have to seat in the empty void in the back in order to seat fully?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Taran makes basepads that are specific for the G19, and won't work with the 17 and vice versa. The pin is what holds the basepad on.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Centurion Arms also makes them for both the G19 and G17, and they each designed for their specific mag.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zirk208 View Post
    Taran makes basepads that are specific for the G19, and won't work with the 17 and vice versa. The pin is what holds the basepad on.
    That was what got me curious enough to look since I had never seen that level of model specific base pads. Still not wrapping my mind around where the interference happens.

And are their plates really 9/40 only? No .357?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What would be wrong with a Glock 17 mag with a +2 extension?
    Or a 22 or 28 round ETS mag? Or a 33 rounder?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast