Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reliable Glock 19 Extension's

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    I have plenty of mags w/ factory +2s and that’s what’s currently in my 17. I was looking at them for a reload mag or 2, if they’re reliable.
    I have never had a problem with them functioning properly and I ran a lot of rounds through them before leaving my last job. And I have never had any issues with them popping off, just relaying what was told to me by some dudes whose opinions I value. The one issue I had with a 17 mag and tartan extention in a 19, was when using my bat belt w/ a Safariland mid ride ALS, and sitting in an armored LC if I didn’t watch how I exited the vehicle the mag would lodge between the seat and door jab.

Feedback Score
    Glock lists an OEM G17+2 on their website, but I've never actually seen one for sale. It also lists the 19x magazine. It's fortunate that this thread came up because I just got a G45 and wanted a +2 mag for it so I was getting ready to order a 19x magazine because I couldn't find one in black. Are the black ones even available? I'd think that a factory +2 would be more reliable than an aftermarket extension. Of course, this belief is based upon absolutely nothing concrete.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    I would go for the Glock +2s in a G17 mag if it’s a serious use gun. The Tarans have worked great for me but I have had more than a few Tier One dudes tell me they will pop off if pressure is applied from the side, like hitting on a door frame while doing room entry.
    I'm far from Tier 1 type but I've done plenty of entries and if this is an issue I could see smacking stuff in confined spaces. That's why I stick to flush factory mag for my first mag. TTs for all my backups.

Still, that's actually a reasonable piece of advice/experience. I'll throw one in next time I see a shooothouse and see if it's an issue with the 19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Glock lists an OEM G17+2 on their website, but I've never actually seen one for sale. It also lists the 19x magazine. It's fortunate that this thread came up because I just got a G45 and wanted a +2 mag for it so I was getting ready to order a 19x magazine because I couldn't find one in black. Are the black ones even available? I'd think that a factory +2 would be more reliable than an aftermarket extension. Of course, this belief is based upon absolutely nothing concrete.
    https://www.glockstore.com/2-Mag-Ext...locks-17-22-31

Edit: I just realized you were looking for the entire mag, not just extensions.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 08-30-19 at 06:12.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by STAMarine View Post
    Before the 19X came out, I’d never seen a factory +2 17 mag for retail sale. If I buy new 17 mags, they’re 19X 19 rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    I'm far from Tier 1 type but I've done plenty of entries and if this is an issue I could see smacking stuff in confined spaces. That's why I stick to flush factory mag for my first mag. TTs for all my backups.

Still, that's actually a reasonable piece of advice/experience. I'll throw one in next time I see a shooothouse and see if it's an issue with the 19.
    I’m not doubting their experience at all, though my only experience with TTI extensions is +1s for a Glock 43.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I bought a couple brand new G19X mags and I got one to fly out of it's belt pouch and move briskly towards the asphalt from ~4' up, totally spilling it's guts in 24 different directions...

It was more than a simple drop but it still happened. I couldn't see any actual damage after I rounded up all the pieces and everything came back together fine.

I still carry +2 mags though.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Centurion G19 extension is good to go. Adds +5. I’m hoping it works well with the new Reptilia magwell. Have one on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurney View Post
    The Centurion G19 extension is good to go. Adds +5.
    They are only $25 on the Labor Day sale.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Just get an oem 17 rounder

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm to the point that it's hard to justify spending 9n a "+ anything" for mags anymore when Magpul 21 rnders are so cheap, and all ths ones I have are reliable.

I do still love my 17 rnders w/ factory +2s though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast