Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock length question

Feedback Score

Stock length question

I have a S&W MP 15 and I love it... The only thing that bugs me about it is the collapsible stock, there is nothing wrong with it at all, but I would much prefer a solid old style non adjustable one... My question is what is the length of the non adjustable stock, and is there a particular one that I need ?

I have my collapsible stock set on the fourth click, which makes the length between the receiver and the end of the butt plate 9 inches. I guess I will have to put up with my collapsible stock but I hope I'm wrong.

Please let me know.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I just measured one of my Brownells A1stocks and got 9 and 7/8”. And yes, thats a big difference from the 9” you’ve settled on.

To change stocks, you need a rifle receiver extension, A1 stock with buttplate and hardware, rifle spring, rifle buffer. I use Brownell’s brand A1 stocks with Colt receiver extension, spring, and buffer, ordered through Brownell’s.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Take a look at the Magpul fixed length carbine stock. I'm not sure what the LOP is, but it's designed to fit your carbine style RE.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Take a look at the Magpul fixed length carbine stock. I'm not sure what the LOP is, but it's designed to fit your carbine style RE.
    Vltor makes one like that, also.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll just add that I've done the carbine upper and rifle receiver extension/buffer/fixed stock combo (surplus A1 or Brownells) on a few different guns over the years and while it looks slightly unusual, it actually works very well.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I'll just add that I've done the carbine upper and rifle receiver extension/buffer/fixed stock combo (surplus A1 or Brownells) on a few different guns over the years and while it looks slightly unusual, it actually works very well.
    I’ve been very happy with my A1 style lowers using a variety of uppers
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It's the old style original type stock that I was after but it looks like I'm Donald Ducked.... I will stick with what I have got.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I just measured one of my Brownells A1stocks and got 9 and 7/8”. And yes, thats a big difference from the 9” you’ve settled on.

To change stocks, you need a rifle receiver extension, A1 stock with buttplate and hardware, rifle spring, rifle buffer. I use Brownell’s brand A1 stocks with Colt receiver extension, spring, and buffer, ordered through Brownell’s.
    Yep it's a big difference, a very big difference for a short arse like me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It would be nice if someone made an A1 style stock, but A5 length.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It would be nice if someone made an A1 style stock, but A5 length.
    If you had the ability to fabricate a buttplate you could maybe use one of the short rifle style RE's from one of those "entry" length fixed stocks that came out during the AWB and use some spacers, you could then cut an A1 down to your desired length.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast