Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modify 2010 M&P 9mm?

Feedback Score

Modify 2010 M&P 9mm?

I won a M&P 9mm years ago. And I just now took it out of the box. I’m thinking of grabbing the Apex Trigger Kit and a Barrel. And woking with it a bit. Is it worth it on the older platform M&P’s? Or just start new? Will the newer sear block assembly drop in? Any experienced folks out there have any feedback?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I would start over. In 2010 none of the updates where really out then. Additionally S&W went through about 3 different versions of the striker in that time frame because of breakage. Not sure if any of the newest stuff from Apex fits. I know at one point I bought a sear from them that did not work in my older 40 cal. I’m assuming your 2010 is one that has the Novak style ramp rear sight and not the newer stepped rear sight. That was how I tell the difference between older models with the older sear assembly and barrel. David.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The older M & P's had the small sear return plunger, Apex sears need the large one. I changed out the sear block on mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Send it... View Post
    I won a M&P 9mm years ago. And I just now took it out of the box. I’m thinking of grabbing the Apex Trigger Kit and a Barrel. And woking with it a bit. Is it worth it on the older platform M&P’s? Or just start new? Will the newer sear block assembly drop in? Any experienced folks out there have any feedback?

Thanks.
    Shoot groups at 25yds+ and see how it does.
    If there are issues, move on.
    If it shoots well, keep it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks fellas. Im gonna group it a bit and see how it shoots n go from there.

Feedback Score
    Shot pretty good. Stock trigger is terrible though.

Ok changing out the sear block was easy. $25 online.

Striker changed to the latest version $21

“H” trigger bar installed as recommended by Apex also. $25

So, Im into it about $75 and the cost of the trigger kit from Apex.

Will see how it shoots now....

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    If that's all it takes to make it shoot well, I'd be happy with it. I played the lottery with the 1st gens for a while but gave up when I couldn't get two that shot remotely the same with common ammo types. If I could have got them to shoot well, I'd have kept them.

Feedback Score
    Man, Im glad I did this upgrade. Been shooting the crap outta this pistol. Pretty accurate now. Great trigger.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Man, Im glad I did this upgrade. Been shooting the crap outta this pistol. Pretty accurate now. Great trigger.
    Which trigger did you do?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good to hear. I've seen quite a few gen 1 PD trade-ins come around for $300 with NS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast