Thread: LCR range day

Feedback Score

LCR range day

Put some rounds down range yesterday afternoon from my Ruger LCR. Loads included Speer 135 +P's and 158 +P LHP's and 148 wadcutters. No problems with bullet jumping from the 158's so I have decided to use it as my carry load backed up with the Speer 135's in speed strips. I feel the Speer load will deform less in pocket carry so 5 158's will be in the cylinder and 2 speed strips of the Speer in the pockets.
    Recoil from the 158's wasn't as bad as I was expecting and I derive comfort from the past history of the load and the power of it (such as power can be from a .38) so settled on it as my carry load.
    After a box of the Speers and 2 boxes of the 158's the next 100 rds of 148 wadcutters was like shooting a bb gun. Reminded me of how much fun shooting a wheel gun can be and this little LCR can shoot pretty well considering.
    Finished the day up by cleaning guns and having a beer with a Partagas Black Label cigar. Life is good!

Feedback Score
    Nice. My favorite revolver, Although I prefer it in .32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Nice. My favorite revolver, Although I prefer it in .32.
    Here's some terminal ballistics info on the 32 H&R and 327 Federal. It looks like either would be a decent choice in the LCR.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...ed-32-magnums/

I wish Ruger would make a "medium" frame LCR. Something that holds six rounds of 357 Mag, seven rounds of 327 Fed and maybe even five rounds of 44 Special. Basically a revamp of the GP-100 in a polymer format.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."