Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Winter Pistol?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Only use a smooth-faced trigger on the Glock. The OEM G17 trigger is fine, but I have had cold+gloves+serrated G19 trigger cause the inability to fire. Never had this with the G17 with same gloves and similar conditions.

I have had no issues using a G17, P320, or various DA/SA guns with mechanic type gloves on in cold conditions.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Don’t wear gloves. Place your hands inside your jacket pockets if they get cold. If you see a potential threat, take your hands out. Simple
    Maybe that works in Virginia.

It doesn't work so well in places that actually get cold.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Walther PPQ. The trigger guard is large enough for most gloves.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Biggest problem in south TX in December is how to conceal that G19 when you're wearing a t shirt and short pants!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CheapBrake634 View Post
    I had a hard time choosing my winter shooting gloves. Make sure you have the right level of insulation and coverage, whether you’re skiing at high altitude or simply walking to your car in cold temperatures. you want to make sure that your hands and fingers have the proper coverage and protection, obviously. lightweight gloves are going to offer you the least amount of insulation. I tend to compare gear on sites that I trust as an example huntingfishingplus.com/best-shooting-gloves offers a good and simple review. Some of the features most common in lightweight gloves are breathability and moisture-wicking properties. There is also an abundance of options with touchscreen capability, meaning that you can use your smartphone or other devices without having to remove your glove and expose your hand and for holding your weapon with ease. You will not be able to feel your gloves.
    I would make a distinction between a "shooting glove" and a winter glove that I can use while shooting.

Most of the gloves at the link above are the tacticool type, protective and suitable only for cool-ish temps depending on activity. They are also entry-level/economy gloves, with the associated quality. I have had dozens of the Mechanix and Hatch offerings. They're an easy button, useful, but they are what they are.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Worlds greatest winter handgun: HK USP45 with DAO conversion

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Worlds greatest winter handgun: HK USP45 with LEM conversion
    FIFY.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Bare or pocketed hands are not an option in many conditions and circumstances. I understand where that idea comes from and why, but it simply isn't practical sometimes. And there's less/no need for it when acceptable products are available.
    I've been in conditions so cold that not wearing gloves was dangerous. I'll never forget how much it hurt to thaw out a patch of frozen skin.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    http://www.agencyarms.com/the-agency-frame

Feature 3. This is just one example of a trigger guard bevel service, I'm sure there are other companies offering this serivce. Why change weapons platforms when you can just mod one of more of your glocks to fit your needs?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I've been in conditions so cold that not wearing gloves was dangerous. I'll never forget how much it hurt to thaw out a patch of frozen skin.
    You mean there are people who haven't been in such conditions? I'm half serious, sometimes it's hard to forget what a wide range of climates we have just in the US. Here, we have a couple of days annually where a few seconds without gloves is dangerous, and a couple weeks where 30-60 seconds is the limit. Admittedly I'm pretty far north now, but there are probably over 20M people in the midwest living in areas that can get equally cold weather, just less often. And several million Canadians in the prairie provinces where it gets much colder, much longer than here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12