Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone doing "retro" M4's yet?

Feedback Score
    Late to respond the probable reason for the .75 barrel forward was to be able to securely mount a M203. Due to old style of mount that used a bushings and handguard cap to keep in place. Same reason for "the 203" cut in M-4 barrel now not conducive for accuracy but a fix for what was in use. Colt trying to cover that base.
    I guess some of us are doing "retro M-4s" already or just have them.Attachment 57576
    I'd go with 14.5 but not wanting to engrave and stamp another SBR right now or pin / weld.
    Last edited by blade_68; 06-06-19 at 00:39. Reason: Add photo
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A little retro M4 California style. Frankenstein Colt 727 clone. I'll be running this featureless, so the grip will have to go. Stock is fixed in place using a Strike Industries Stock Stop.

Stag lower, MA stock, FN upper, BCM lower parts and PNT trigger, Toolcraft carpenter steel BCG, and a bit of a unicorn for a barrel: AWB ban era RRA 16", 1:9, chrome lined, NATO chamber, .063 port, and a faux flash hider pressed on so it's about the same length as a 14.5 with a A2 hider. Bayonet lug was ground off. Almost like it was made for a California gun...

Last edited by mrbieler; 06-13-19 at 21:48.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123