G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transporting steel targets

Feedback Score

Transporting steel targets

Does anybody have any clever solutions for getting their steel targets to and from the range? A case that would make for easy storage?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Does anybody have any clever solutions for getting their steel targets to and from the range? A case that would make for easy storage?
    I haul my stuff around in an enclosed trailer. I put 2/3 IPSC targets in a milk crate with partition I made in it. I have a couple other milk crates purposed for plates, but not as slick as the one for the torso plates. Of course the crates also work in the back of a pickup or van - make sure you strap them down, especially in the van.

A bigger storage problem for me was all the bases.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Sedition, a Free Press and Personal Rule, The Kansas City Star, May 1918

Feedback Score
    I just use a beach cart when i take my stuff to the range or my uncles. it supports 265lbswhich covers what i need. its nice because it folds up compactly in my car

https://www.amazon.com/Sekey-Folding...ateway&sr=8-44

If you have a truck and space isn't a big concern something like this would work well i would think. Up to 1k pounds. Other versions available

https://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Carts...ateway&sr=8-25

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I used to just lay them on an old surplus para trooper jump bag thingy. I was super heavy canvas. I could slide them to the back of the pick up bed for off loading.
    "You people have too much time on your hands." - scottryan

Feedback Score
    I was trying to find a crate or box or something similar.

I think I need something bigger than a milk crate, I know they make larger sizes, maybe if I could measure one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How big are the metal targets you are wanting to tote?

I use a two wheel hand cart on smoothish surfaces, take the plates out of the crate and lay them on the cart.

Its all I can do to move the milk crate with 6 ipsc plates in it, I sure the heck ain't toting it around. If the ground is uneven I tote them two at a time by hand.

Milk Crate.jpg
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Sedition, a Free Press and Personal Rule, The Kansas City Star, May 1918

Feedback Score
    Not that big. They are reduced size with stands and I only have 2 right now. I was thinking a Rubbermaid type crate, but I can’t find one sturdy enough

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about this? 18.25” x 13” x 11”

https://www.milkcratesdirect.com/rec...allon-24-quart

Feedback Score
    This is a great duty 19"x44" poly box. Should be more solid than Rubbermaid. It's at tractor supply could probably check out in person

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...RoCw68QAvD_BwE

I originally didn't read op that well. Thought you wanted something to move them around at the range. Cart is great for that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    This is a great duty 19"x44" poly box. Should be more solid than Rubbermaid. It's at tractor supply could probably check out in person

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...RoCw68QAvD_BwE

I originally didn't read op that well. Thought you wanted something to move them around at the range. Cart is great for that
    At my normal place I just drive the truck down and unload.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast