Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: local gunshop transfers

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)

local gunshop transfers

had a lower shipped here at a lgs. is it standard procedure for a local gunshop to open the package before you pick up. they already took it out and wrapped it in a ziplock plastic bag.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Yes that is standard procedure. They generally check it into their system before the buyer comes to pick it up.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Serial # is entered in the FFL log, so the guy either trusts the paperwork is correct or puts eyes on the real item.
    I always check the real serial # and repack.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Thats all fine with me but they didnt give me the box or orig contents that came with it. Did they just assume I dont want it? The said thats hiw they shipped it. smh.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The FFL I use now always opened the packages and records the serial numbers in his log before I arrive. Others I’ve used in the past have waited until I showed up before opening anything. I haven’t been bothered either way but my current guy is a fellow enthusiast and knows how to handle valuable firearms. I can’t say the same about every clerk I’ve met in a sporting goods store.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    Thats all fine with me but they didnt give me the box or orig contents that came with it. Did they just assume I dont want it? The said thats hiw they shipped it. smh.

I would definitely expect the contents of the shipment. As far as the box goes, lots of shops seem to keep boxes for shipping their own sales.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm an FFL. All packages are opened upon arrival, firearm removed from packaging, serial number checked against the invoice, and then logged into my book. I don't wait for the customer to come in to check. If there is an issue I want to know about it ASAP. There are several cheaper brands of lowers that will ship in bulk simply wrapped in packing paper and placed in a big box. I have had this happen when guys order bulk Anderson, PSA, and Delton lowers. I've heard of it with other brands as well, but haven't seen it personally.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My transfer FFL hands me the unopened box and a box cutter, which is cool with me. I would not have an issue if he opened it and disposed of the packing either.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Serial # is entered in the FFL log, so the guy either trusts the paperwork is correct or puts eyes on the real item.
    I always check the real serial # and repack.
    Yea this. The FFL's around me will open it to check the serials and put it back in the box if its an original shipping box(so like factory packaging). If it wasn't factory packaging they usually toss it aside. So I bought some hk94's over the last few years that were shipped in a generic box, box got trashed. Same dealer gets a new lmt or something in and it gets put back in the shipping box designed for it.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    i ordered an lmt and they took the box. there couldve been extra free stuff like stickers or coupons that they kept.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast