Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: local gunshop transfers

Feedback Score
    My FFL is pretty good then compared to some of the stories I've read on here. I have always received whatever was sent that belonged to me weather it be long gun cardboard boxes or stripped lower boxes.

Feedback Score
    I would want to be the person to open not the FFL if only for the reason stated previously. It's a liability for the FFL if there is a damaged item. Best to wait for customer and open together

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcore View Post
    I would want to be the person to open not the FFL if only for the reason stated previously. It's a liability for the FFL if there is a damaged item. Best to wait for customer and open together
    That's fine as long as it happens in a reasonable amount of time. You have to log firearms into your book if they are sitting around. I have guns that are awaiting pickup that have been there for more than six months. My ATF inspector made it a point to warn me that guns couldn't sit indefinitely in my receiving area.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=AKDoug;2732760]That's fine as long as it happens in a reasonable amount of time. You have to log firearms into your book if they are sitting around. I have guns that are awaiting pickup that have been there for more than six months. My ATF inspector made it a point to warn me that guns couldn't sit indefinitely in my receiving area.[/QU

Someone that leaves a firearm for six months isn't going to have an avenue to return a damaged product anyway

Feedback Score
    We would not wait six months.
    Was almost always less than a week, usually just a couple days.
    And yes, we'd be right there to get the info to log it in while the customer inspected it.

The shop should not keep or remove any of the packing or the box. Nor should they take anything out and keep it. We've had customers order something that a friend had gotten, and they wanted one. When they picked theirs up, it had more mags or accessories than the one their friend got.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My LGS waits for you to open it. That way any issues are not their problems. Scratches on a classic collectable? Missing parts? Wrong color? Wrong brand? No stickers? Not enough mags? You're the first to open it and they'll be happy to ship it back if you don't want it!

This is how its suppose to be done.

My dealer doesn't open anything until I get there. Ive had too much shenanigans happen in the past when outer OEM cardboard sleeves, which are serial numbered to the gun, are thrown away before I get there.

Most dealers are incapable of handling a high dollar collectible firearm. They don't have the wherewithal or horsepower to deal with it.
    Last edited by scottryan; 05-06-19 at 16:18.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    Find a store that will open the shipping box and fill out their paperwork in your presence. This is how my preferred FFL handles it. I drive past closer FFLs for this, including some who won’t even fill out their paperwork the same day the package arrives. I arrive at the FFL, they open the package and log it while I inspect it. Then if everything checks out, fill out the 4473 and leave with the entire shipment. Nothing less should be acceptable.

Yes, exactly.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123