Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ACOG: ACSS worth the upgrade?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ACOG: ACSS worth the upgrade?

I’ve always wanted to give an ACOG a shot and there are some decent deals floating around out there. Is it worth the $200 or so jump in price for an ACSS reticle or should I just stick with a standard one? (Would probably go with a cross hair). Seems like most of the reviews are positive but also seems like most of the reviews had the ACSS optics provided to them for review purposes

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think its personal preference. I have several ACOGs and would like some more help on windage, but hits to 500 are easy enough if you know wind and the size of the target you are shooting. Ive never shot the new fancy reticle. You are going to like either.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Which ACOG are you looking at?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking at the ta31

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have a TA11 with the red horseshoe reticle on an AR10 and a TA31 with the green ACSS reticle on a 16” 5.56.

I have to say I prefer the ACSS.

Quote Originally Posted by xRangerx View Post
    I’ve always wanted to give an ACOG a shot and there are some decent deals floating around out there. Is it worth the $200 or so jump in price for an ACSS reticle or should I just stick with a standard one? (Would probably go with a cross hair). Seems like most of the reviews are positive but also seems like most of the reviews had the ACSS optics provided to them for review purposes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have been looking at the TA44 for a while now. Looked at both the ACSS and the standard circle dot. On the smaller 44, the ACSS looked a little busy and the chevron looked to be more of a smudge. The circle dot looked way cleaner to my eye. I figured if you know your holds well enough then all you are missing is the ranging feature. Still I see the sight as a 200 yard sight anyway so who cares. Saving the pennies for one.

Feedback Score
    The ACSS reticle is far to busy for me.

I love the uncluttered view though the TA31F, I just wish it was a horseshoe dot instead.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I’ve been looking at them as I just stumbled across the ACSS reticle and have watched several videos.

The TA31 4X has abysmal eye-relief, though. It’s fine looking around and fixed range shooting but for me if I had to assume field positions I had to be “nose to charging handle” which isn’t always feasible. For me.

The TA44 look very interesting!

But I’d have to look thru it prior to plunking down coin as the reticle looked SMALL and faint. It may not be. A Green Horseshoe with the windage and moving target leads may be fine for a “do it all” Optic - albeit for targets within 300m - perhaps 200m field conditions.

I’d like to see the ACSS reticle in the 3.5x ACOG as it has a massive eye relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I really like the ACSS reticle and think it would be good in a four-power ACOG. However, I believe the ACSS really shines with a little more magnification, such as in a six power or eight power LPVO. Something that can better take advantage of all the features in the ACSSS.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xRangerx View Post
    Looking at the ta31
    Eye relief is very short. I never got used to it and had issues with the scope hitting my glasses despite the minimal recoil of a 5.56.

TA44 is only 1.5x and the ACSS features are minimal and hard to see in that model, from what I've read.

IMHO the TA11 3.5x35 is the only ACOG model that is still compelling in 2019, combining ruggedness, useful magnification, good field of view, and very good eye relief. Even with the TA11, unless you are on the receiving end of high explosives, or expect to be away from any chance of batteries for months at a time, I think the better 1-6x options are a pretty compelling alternative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast