Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: AIWB Belt advice

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0

    AIWB Belt advice

    Hello Everyone!

    I am in the process of buying a gun belt and need some help through your advice and experience. Like the title says I carry appendix, mainly my Tier 1 concealed, still like looking at other holsters though. I am around 6’0 170ish pounds and wear roughly a 31-32 pants. l have done some research on my own for different models of belts. I prefer not to have a leather belt for my jeans as they usually look to dressy.

    I have only used one gun belt in the past and it was the Ares Gear Enhanced Aegis Belt so I would like to compare the other choices to that. I did like the looks of the Aegis and simplicity, but the belt was just so stiff it felt like the belt was wearing me. Now, I am not sure if the non enhanced version is a lot less stiffer.

    Belt 1: Bluealphagear Hybrid EDC https://www.bluealphagear.com/product/hybrid-edc-belt/

    This belt seems to get a lot of reviews and comes highly recommended on social media. I like the looks and how the cobra can fit through belt loops. Looks to be very well made.

    Belt 2: Lunar Concepts Ally http://lcequipped.com/1-50-everyday-ally/

    I do like the looks of this belt and how I can get two different colors. There doesn’t seem to be much of any review and for whatever reason it says the books are currently closed on their site.

    Belt 3: Volundgearworks G-hook Slim http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...te-buckle.html

    Just like the lunar concepts, I like how this belt is simple and I can choose two colors. I am unsure of the rigidity of the belt.

    Belt 4: Vdevgroup Megingjörd belt https://vdevgru.com/products/copy-of...y-belt-ver-1-0

    This seems like a very simple and interesting design belt.

    Belt 5: Kore Essentials https://www.koreessentials.com/collections/gun-belts

    I will probably pick this up in leather for my church clothes, don’t want a leather belt for jeans.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    237
    Feedback Score
    0
    Good timing for this thread as I was going to post something on here about the Blue Alpha belt I bought a couple weeks ago but was feeling lazy.

    I liked the concept of one side of the cobra buckel being able to thread though standard belt loops.
    The belt is rigid and supports AWIB no problem.

    Where Blue Alpha impressed me was the customer service. The belt I ordered was just a little too tight for me. I emailed them expecting to have to send it back before sending me the next side up.
    They sent the replacement and a return envelope which is a nice touch.

    So, if you want a belt with cobra buckles I highly recommend them.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    60
    Feedback Score
    0

    AIWB Belt advice

    You need to consider your holster and it’s attachment method. If it’s a solid or split loop, constantly disassembling and feeding a cobra buckle belt though it gets to be a pain in the ass.

    If it’s soft loops or overhooks that may work out.

    I’ve worn Volund g-hook belts on and off duty for the past five years. They are solid, yet flexible enough to not be uncomfortable.

    You also shouldn’t rule out a classic Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt. The 3 stitch tends to flex too much, and the CSM is too stiff in my opinion.

    The Graith specialist belt has good reports from people I trust, I’m just waiting on one to check out.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SamuelBLong; 05-05-19 at 21:10.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,776
    Feedback Score
    0
    Honestly, they're probably all good options.

    I've had good luck with Relentless Tactical, and have two of their belts. One each in black and brown.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

    The Everyday Marksman

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    24
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelBLong View Post
    You need to consider your holster and it’s attachment method. If it’s a solid or split loop, constantly disassembling and feeding a cobra buckle belt though it gets to be a pain in the ass.

    If it’s soft loops or overhooks that may work out.

    I’ve worn Volund g-hook belts on and off duty for the past five years. They are solid, yet flexible enough to not be uncomfortable.

    You also shouldn’t rule out a classic Wilderness 5 stitch Instructor belt. The 3 stitch tends to flex too much, and the CSM is too stiff in my opinion.

    The Graith specialist belt has good reports from people I trust, I’m just waiting on one to check out.



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I’m using a tier 1 holster as stated above.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    orlando
    Posts
    61
    Feedback Score
    0
    https://vdevgru.com/products/copy-of...y-belt-ver-1-0

    This will be my next purchase. Its a AIWB specific belt, nylon belt reinforced for rigidity in the front where you carry. I have not hands on, so take what I say with a grain of salt. The gentlemen that sells this product is actually a member here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    7,919
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfame18 View Post
    Belt 4: Vdevgroup Megingjörd belt https://vdevgru.com/products/copy-of...y-belt-ver-1-0

    This seems like a very simple and interesting design belt.
    I have one and like it. I initially thought it would be too light and thin, but it provides more than enough support for my belted gear and superior flexibility. Small buckle is compatible with more gear placement, and it's also a little less "tactical" looking.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    816
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would check out the Blue Alpha Gear, but go with the low profile option. No buckle to get in the way with appendix carry and they are great quality for the price.

    https://www.bluealphagear.com/produc...file-edc-belt/

    Aaron Cowan recommended this belt on one of his videos and I have been really happy with it

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    189
    Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I use a blue alpha. My runner up was the stormrider gear belts. BUt i never tried one.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    88
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I have one and like it. I initially thought it would be too light and thin, but it provides more than enough support for my belted gear and superior flexibility. Small buckle is compatible with more gear placement, and it's also a little less "tactical" looking.
    I too have one of these and it is all I need and nothing I don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •