Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New carry revolver. Advice and opinions

Feedback Score
    Between those two, S&W all day. K frame is sleeker and easier to ccw. I really like K frames, but my fav wheel gun is my Speed Six 2 3/4" stainless in .357. Size of a "K" frame, fits in most holsters made for smiths, and is a sturdier gun all around.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I carried S&W revolvers too long in my early LEO days. To reload you PUSH the cylinder latch, unlike a COLT you PULL.

Like doors at a store, which is it, Push or Pull?

We instructors used to trade pistols and shoot when together. I never was able to shoot a Python worth a darn. I carried a M27 N frame 357 mag. Others carried M19's or M10's and 2 Pythons and 1 Trooper Mk III.

S&W J frames are still near and dear to me. I carried M36 for years then a Mod 60 38 spec with a bobbed hammer. Then the 642's.

When in CID I carried a M19 2.5 then a M66 2.5 and a 3" at one time.
    Last edited by RWH24; 10-29-19 at 19:26.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Congrats on your Colt. I hope it serves you well. Now save your money and get you another one. Try to get the trigger pull the same on both them as close as you can. Revolvers particularly J frame size require practice.
    I'm a fan of the old saying 2 is 1 and 1 is none. I was taught to shoot on revolvers. Back then everybody "knew" semi autos were not to be trusted.
    My going to town gun rotates between a S&W 640 and 640-1 (both 357). My going to the barn gun rotates between 2 Charter Arms Undercover (both made back in the 1970's). Those Charter's are homely looking compared to some Model 29's I've had. It's a shame S&W doesn't blue a gun anymore.

Bill in E TN

Feedback Score
    The Kimber K6S in 3 inch is a nice alternative to Ruger and Smith offerings.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RugerMKII View Post
    Congrats on your Colt. I hope it serves you well. Now save your money and get you another one. Try to get the trigger pull the same on both them as close as you can. Revolvers particularly J frame size require practice.
    I'm a fan of the old saying 2 is 1 and 1 is none. I was taught to shoot on revolvers. Back then everybody "knew" semi autos were not to be trusted.
    My going to town gun rotates between a S&W 640 and 640-1 (both 357). My going to the barn gun rotates between 2 Charter Arms Undercover (both made back in the 1970's). Those Charter's are homely looking compared to some Model 29's I've had. It's a shame S&W doesn't blue a gun anymore.

Bill in E TN

Now this is a good idea.

I pointed out in earlier posts, how if you rely on a revolver for EDC, you get five or six bangs and a click, and no reload under fire. You will probably be killed.

But if you have 2 revolvers on you, you can do a New York reload, and maybe save your life.

Feedback Score
    I understand the reasoning, Uni', but I'm not ready for the New York Stakeout Squad, nor to be Tony Twoguns.
    Most of us are hard pressed to conceal one gun, let alone two.
    What I really want is an orbiting Warthog on the other end of my radio....!
    Moon

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    I understand the reasoning, Uni', but I'm not ready for the New York Stakeout Squad, nor to be Tony Twoguns.
    What I really want is an orbiting Warthog on the other end of my radio....!
    Moon
    Me too! Loaded with hollow points. The ultimate EDC "revolver!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
    Moon
    Not hard. One in pocket, one on belt. 🙂

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234