View Poll Results: Under $1000 the most reliable out of the box 9mm Carbine / SBR / Braced Pistol

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • An AR 9mm (Which brand? Complete gun only)

7 12.07%
  • Ruger 9mm carbine

2 3.45%
  • Uzi Pro

1 1.72%
  • Beretta CX4

3 5.17%
  • Scorpion EVO

32 55.17%
  • Kel-tec Sub2000 gen 2

0 0%
  • Other

13 22.41%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the most reliable out of the box 9mm carbine / SBR / Braced pistol?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    How are the factory Colt 9mm ARs?
    Part of me really wants an SBR clone of a Colt SMG, either the old RO635 or one of the newer flat top models.

Feedback Score
    I have two HK MP5's I really like but they were expensive even back a few years ago. Honestly though these days, I'd get a B&T APC 9 variant.

Feedback Score
    I was getting excited about the Pak-9.

But after watching about 10 videos of people firing then about 9 had malfunctions. Either stove pipe, failure to feed, or dead trigger.

In its defense many people use off-brand Glock mags.
    One guy replaced the hammer spring a normal braided one but I dont know if that's a fix. The hammer spring is pretty important to blow back operation. I'm sure they would have rather used a standard, common ak braided spring but the gun must tested better with a weaker spring.

I want to believe.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    What’s the benefit of a 9mm carbine vs a 9mm handgun like a Glock 34 or Glock 17?
    A shoulder fired weapon is easier to get hits with. Most can get to and maintain a reasonable level of proficiency with far less training than a pistol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I should have specified...I want something I could easily put an optic on.
    You can easily put on optic on a Glock, either by purchasing an MOS model or an aftermarket slide or having the slide milled.

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    How are the factory Colt 9mm ARs?
    Part of me really wants an SBR clone of a Colt SMG, either the old RO635 or one of the newer flat top models.
    I'll keep this short. Bought a Colt 9 2 years ago. It died first time at the range, store owner had to get involved to get it fixed within a reasonable time. Colt actually replaced the rifle. The 2nd one died the same death in 10 rounds. It went back and Colt fixed it. 3000 rounds since then without a hiccup. I SBR'd on E file a few weeks ago to 10 1/2 and am really enjoying the rifle.
    Colt never answered my questions as to what the fix was.

Feedback Score
    I was not tracking any of that.

Mine runs like a sewing machine.

One thing about any of my 9mm PCCs,
    While monopoding on the magazine may be a myth about causing malfunctions in an AR,
    It is fact on my PCCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I was getting excited about the Pak-9.

But after watching about 10 videos of people firing then about 9 had malfunctions. Either stove pipe, failure to feed, or dead trigger.

In its defense many people use off-brand Glock mags.
    One guy replaced the hammer spring a normal braided one but I dont know if that's a fix. The hammer spring is pretty important to blow back operation. I'm sure they would have rather used a standard, common ak braided spring but the gun must tested better with a weaker spring.

I want to believe.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I look at 9mm carbines every once in a while, but I have never bought one. I like them, don’t get me wrong, but I prefer a rifle round on a rifle. And I have a couple 9mm handguns that fill that need.
    What’s the benefit of a 9mm carbine vs a 9mm handgun like a Glock 34 or Glock 17?
    Now, give me a Marlin 357Magnum or 44Magnum lever gun and I will be happy.
    Have your buddy throw up half a dozen targets from five to 25 meters,
    Then another half down between 25-100m.

On the shot clock time yourself getting three hits on each of the dozen targets with a Glock 17 vs the 9mm Carbine.
    Compare the times.
    Compare the accuracy.
    Feel free to compare times with your lever gun too Tex.

The beauty truly comes into play when your CC G26, the light equipped G19 or 17 in your console, and the Carbine/braced pistol under the seat all take the same mags.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    A shoulder fired weapon is easier to get hits with. Most can get to and maintain a reasonable level of proficiency with far less training than a pistol.
    Yep, in that sense I agree. It would be easier to control and more accurate.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

What is the most reliable out of the box 9mm carbine / SBR / Braced pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Have your buddy throw up half a dozen targets from five to 25 meters,
    Then another half down between 25-100m.

On the shot clock time yourself getting three hits on each of the dozen targets with a Glock 17 vs the 9mm Carbine.
    Compare the times.
    Compare the accuracy.
    Feel free to compare times with your lever gun too Tex.

The beauty truly comes into play when your CC G26, the light equipped G19 or 17 in your console, and the Carbine/braced pistol under the seat all take the same mags.
    Thanks. I see the benefits in accuracy, speed and control of the weapon. Got it.
    For the drill you are referring to, I would probably use my AR15 (5.56/223). At least for 50-100 meters or more. Although I now understand the benefits of a 9mm carbine under 25-50 meters.
    Like I said, I like them, and have shot a friend’s AR 9mm, just never bought one myself.
    The lever gun reference was not to compare its accuracy or speed with any other rifle. It was just to say I like lever guns.
    Last edited by 202; 05-07-19 at 22:22.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast