View Poll Results: Under $1000 the most reliable out of the box 9mm Carbine / SBR / Braced Pistol

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • An AR 9mm (Which brand? Complete gun only)

7 12.07%
  • Ruger 9mm carbine

2 3.45%
  • Uzi Pro

1 1.72%
  • Beretta CX4

3 5.17%
  • Scorpion EVO

32 55.17%
  • Kel-tec Sub2000 gen 2

0 0%
  • Other

13 22.41%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What is the most reliable out of the box 9mm carbine / SBR / Braced pistol?

Feedback Score
    I agree, I love lever guns, and
    I would also prefer a 5.56 Carbine in many situations.

Hell, I have a braced 7.62 HK clone pistol.

Obviously there are some great folding stock 5.56 SBRs and braced pistol options.

There are also some people with an 8 shot 357 revolver and levergun who will crush some semi auto shooters, but not in general.

I have also long wondered if the extra bang would be worth it in 9x21 with OAL of 31.5mm.
    But have no mag options to test it.
    Most 9x21 is simply standard 9mm OAL for countries where military rounds are a no go.
    9x23 took it too far.

9x21 at about 31.5 OAL with pressures under 40,000 psi would be interesting in a carbine.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I saw one review where the Draco NAK9 was damaging Beretta mag lips when inserted on a closed bolt. (As in, it ruined the mag)
    Is that why you reccomend the Glock mag version?
    Also, does that gun have a last round bolt hold-open?
    Will it feed JHP's?
    I have no idea on the Beretta mag thing you mention.

I have lots of 9mm Glock mags for my Glock pistols.

No LRBHO.

Yes it feeds HP's just fine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Glock 17 in a Roni and it is a good set up for work out to 50 meters and beyond. It runs on every brand and type of ammunition available to me, including Wolf and Tula steel case ammunition.

I replaced the last Glock 17 at over 90,000 rounds, so I think this should be a durable rig.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    You can easily put on optic on a Glock, either by purchasing an MOS model or an aftermarket slide or having the slide milled.

TED
    Well, also, I don't like Glocks like I used to after shooting other very reliable guns with better triggers and nicer grips.

Maybe an RDS can be mounted to a Beretta M9?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I have no idea on the Beretta mag thing you mention.

I have lots of 9mm Glock mags for my Glock pistols.

No LRBHO.

Yes it feeds HP's just fine.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by p7fl View Post
    I'll keep this short. Bought a Colt 9 2 years ago. It died first time at the range, store owner had to get involved to get it fixed within a reasonable time. Colt actually replaced the rifle. The 2nd one died the same death in 10 rounds. It went back and Colt fixed it. 3000 rounds since then without a hiccup. I SBR'd on E file a few weeks ago to 10 1/2 and am really enjoying the rifle.
    Colt never answered my questions as to what the fix was.
    Odd you had two apparent lemons in a row. I'd actually kind of heard it implied before that Colt's 9mms, including their SMGs, have always been sort of a "sideshow" and didn't receive the same level of refinement as the 5.56 guns.
    Nevertheless if they are generally reliable or can be made that way I'd kind of like one. I already have a 10.3" 5.56 SBR and for *some* reason the idea of a more or less identical gun, but in 9mm really appeals to me (I don't know why, as my 5.56 is the same size but more effective than any 9mm, but the heart wants what the heart wants...)
    As far as other PCCs go, I also really like a basic fixed stock MP5 clone. But the CZ Scorpion is probably the best deal going for someone after a purely practical PCC and not also trying to satisfy their 80s/90s nostalgia like I am.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 05-08-19 at 04:09.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 6933's have been my go to rifles for over a decade. So when PCC went live in USPSA and Steel I automatically ordered a Colt. No love and didn't enjoy it until I SBR'd. Now I am running it for every match. When I hit 10K rounds and 25 matches it will be time for a written review.
    Had a Colt 9mm ltwt sporter that was a great gun with no reason to shoot. Sat in the safe unused for a decade and really wish i had kept it.
    Still have a Colt ltwt Sporter in .223 from 1993 that just runs and runs.
    As of 5.8.19, if you shoot competition, I would say GO for the Colt and E-file.
    Also,really debating buying a micro Scorpion for a back up gun. And then e-filing it to an SBR for competition. So many ways to spend money :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a CZ Scorpion for a whole with the blade brace on it. Great little gun. Accurate and reliable. Mags are cheap and easy to get. I never had feed lip issues but I only had a few hundred rounds through the gun.

I hitt rid of it because I really want a MP5. Im buying a Zenith next week.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    I don't think I'd be satisfied with any available options.

People who have had most of them seem to say, "the best ones are good, not great, and a very poor value. The others aren't very good but at least they dont cost much. Although some of those do, too."

Put another way, if it's for defense, use a rifle caliber, if it's for fun, a .22 is a better value.

Feedback Score
    I've got a 10" AR9 pistol that takes glock mags, and it runs great. I only have 1,800 rounds through it, but so far it's been flawless and reliable with every type of factory ammo i've run through it. It's a really fun gun to shoot, and I think it was around $650 ish without the optic and SSA-E trigger. I've also heard great things about the CZ Scorpion, and for under $1k, that seems like another great option.

Attachment 57416

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast