View Poll Results: Under $1000 the most reliable out of the box 9mm Carbine / SBR / Braced Pistol

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • An AR 9mm (Which brand? Complete gun only)

7 12.07%
  • Ruger 9mm carbine

2 3.45%
  • Uzi Pro

1 1.72%
  • Beretta CX4

3 5.17%
  • Scorpion EVO

32 55.17%
  • Kel-tec Sub2000 gen 2

0 0%
  • Other

13 22.41%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What is the most reliable out of the box 9mm carbine / SBR / Braced pistol?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Here's a four and a half hour P&S podcast on PCCs:

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Here's a four and a half hour P&S podcast on PCCs:

Mmmmmm, no thank you. Got a TLDR version?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My Colt AR6951 runs metalform mags and 9mm NATO 100% so far (>1000 rounds).

My Kel-tec Sub 2000 with 33 round Glock factory mags does the same.

I know someone with a Beretta cx4 carbine in 9mm. With factory Beretta 30s it runs 100%.

(Tip: in all these carbines, avoid 147 grain).

Feedback Score
    My .02˘. This is based off of the fact that I have only ever had a Kel-Tec S2K and a PSA AR-9 (braced pistol version). For the situation you mention, in 9mm, I would go with my PSA AR-9. I have put a lot of rounds through it (under a 1,000 though). It has been completely reliable. It has a 10.5" barrel and runs Glock mags, even G26 size. In regard to the S2K, I didn't have any issues with it but did not like shooting it. The pros of the AR-9 (for me), outweighed the pros of the S2K. If you opened up 38/357 I might opt for a lever gun over the AR-9. Might.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A UMP in 9mm
    Colt 9mm carbine

You’re welcome

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    A UMP in 9mm

You’re welcome
    That's called a CZ evo.

I love mine a lot. It only has 400 rounds through it, but I am picking up my replacement RDS tomorrow from the post office and will get it zero'd and back in the training rotation. That's 400 rounds with zero stoppages from the clear 30's that the internet claims to hate. I ordered a set of Pmags for the gun, and will be trying them out soon. I really like how the CZ evo has an aftermarket that is not only super affordable, but popping up with many options. I have already done a full HBI trigger to it, and now its not awful, but more like a stock glock trigger. The iron sights are good, and I really don't mind the mag release and safety like most of the internet seems to. Replacing the pistol grip is a great idea though. Really out of the box I would say a $9 trigger spring and $23 pistol grip is all the guns needs to be a decent modern blaster. I have found it to also be surprisingly accurate for a 9mm. When zeroing I would routinely get touching 3 round groups at 25 yards. In practice I was able to achieve easy hits on steel out too 150 or so yards. Once I got past 200 I noticed it starting to drop and needed holds applied.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Throw a Glock 17 into a MicroRonie and have at it at 25 yards. If you are looking to win competitions in games? They don't allow it. If you are looking to get some darn good groups at 25-50 with high quality HD ammo, there you go. If you want to go out and buy a dedicated 9mm Carbine, go for it. I've had fun witih everything from full auto MP5s, to Ruger PCC, to the SIG MPX, but I realized, this is stupid...the RONI is what I need. I use my Glocks and my extended Glock mags with TTI extensions and can blast away with a cheapo red dot on it and will be placing good groups on steel out to 50 yards, no sweat. FWIW.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    B&T APC9 Pro or APC9K Pro.
    B&T GHM9
    HK SP5 or SP5K.
    Colt 6991.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ruger PCC, Beretta CX4, & Marlin Camp 9 review.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My Evo only has about 2k rounds of various ammo and mostly suppressed, it has been very reliable in spite of the early mag lips cracking and even then it kept shooting.

I’ve had some time behind B&T guns and the best bang for the buck is the GHM9.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast